Chapter 13: New Job = Yogurt Overflow

Hello once again! I'm so thankful to everybody who has read, commented, and voted on 12 Weeks, 12 Dates!! You guys are AMAZING! :D This chapter is just another filler, but I hope you guys like it. Without further interruption, here's the next chapter!

***************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 13: New Job = Yogurt Overflow

“You should have seen it: Piper was running towards us with the basketball and then all of the sudden…WHAAA!” Danny recounted with enthusiasm as he told my tripping story from P.E. to everybody at the lunch table that Wednesday. Well, almost everybody. Logan was nowhere to be seen.

“It was pretty funny,” Ryan chuckled along with the rest of my friends.

My cheeks grew red. “Whatever. I’m sure plenty of people have tripped while running,” I mumbled.

“Not in the way you did, Pipe,” Danny chortled.

“Anyways,” Naomi cleared her throat, but still had a grin on her face, “let’s get down to the real reason why we’re all gathered here today…TELL US ABOUT YOUR DATE!”

I knew this was coming. It was pretty much a Monday tradition, now, to pull out my journal and slide it over to Nay for her to read. Although, I don’t know why Naomi was so eager to hear about my date. Gwen, Logan, and she had already caught a glimpse of my date and they could pretty much predict how the evening was going to go. Still, she read the journal entry out loud with as much gusto as she usually did.

“Hold up, did you really have to dress as Chewbacca?” Ryan asked with the corners of his mouth twitching.

I nodded slowly.

“Dude, no way!” Danny exclaimed. “He’s my favorite Star Wars character!”

“Then I would have been more than happy to give you the costume to wear for the evening!” I exploded with all the feelings of being dressed up as a Wookiee could give you. “You could have been tackled off stage too.”

I described every detail of the evening and then decided to tone out the mocking that came afterwards.

“You know…I have to wonder what you would do if any of these guys tried to kiss you,” Ryan questioned with a grin.

My face grew even redder. “I…uh…I would…”

“Piper’s never been kissed before,” Naomi stated.

“Nay!” I cried. “You just don’t go telling people that!”

She shrugged. “We’re all friends here, no use in hiding it.” She faced Ryan, “Never been kissed, never had the guts to kiss.”

“NAY!” I yelled even louder.

Ryan gave out a laugh. “Piper, that’s fine.” He then gave me a smile and leaned in a bit, “If you want, I could always give you lessons.”

The whole table went silent for a moment.

Then I burst out into laughing that was fueled by embarrassment and awkwardness blended into one big mess. “Ryan, you’re so funny! So, so funny!” I slapped his shoulder and kept laughing. It was like I was destined for a train wreck and couldn’t stop. Ryan crossed his arms with a satisfied look on his face while Naomi, Danny, and Gwen all cocked their heads, looking at me like I was some psycho. Sign me up for the next episode of the Twilight Zone would you?