Chapter 15: Kitty Cats and Kit Kats

And here is chapter 15! I couldn't help but get this chapter written early. It was one of my favorites to write and had been waiting for it since I first started. Hope you guys enjoy and thanks again for all the support!

***************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 15: Kitty Cats and Kit Kats

"A squeaky voice huh? Must have been fun," Logan chuckled after he heard Naomi read the journal report.

I glared at him. "Don't you have a sandwich to eat?"

He put his hands in front of him as a sign of surrender, but not without smirking.

"So the guy's name was Alvin? What? Were Simon and Theodore busy that night or did they come along too?" Ryan laughed.

Danny leaned over and high-fived him.

"You guys are awful," Gwen frowned. "But how was it possible that his voice got deeper when he took in the helium?"

"I don't know!" I threw my arms in the air. "It's logically impossible!"

"And he passed out when he was driving you home?" Nay asked.

"That I could see," Logan said. "Being with Pippi for a long period of time would be enough to make anyone want to be unconscious. I sometimes wish for that."

I looked at him with wide eyes, feigning giddy surprise, "No way, I wish that you were unconscious too! At the bottom of a lake!"

He scowled and took a sip from his water. Ha! Score one for Piper!

"Well, you're over that halfway mark so things can only get better, right?" Nay smiled optimistically.

"I sure hope so," I said with a sigh.

"Who's the next lucky guy?" Danny asked as he reached for the notebook. "Hmm, Matthew. Sounds like a smart name. Probably a bore," he said as he lazily threw the journal back.

"Or a snob," Ryan guessed.

"Most likely a jackass," Logan murmured.

Gwen shook her head in a tsk-tsking way, "You seriously need to work on your language, mister."

Her brother only rolled his eyes at her.

"Well, what do you think he's going to be like?" Nay asked me curiously.

I shrugged. "I honestly don't know. The one thing I can hope for is that he's nice and caring. Having some good table manners wouldn't hurt either."

I heard Logan choke back a laugh.

"And what is so funny?" I asked, my cheeks starting to heat up.

He looked at me with an apologetic face, "I'm sorry, but you sounded so sappy just then. All girls say they want a nice guy," Logan leaned in closer to me, "but what you actually want is a bad boy, one that will keep you on your toes and your heart racing. Am I right?"

I shrugged again. "I don't know, find me a bad boy and I'll tell you."

He blinked. "What?"

"I don't know what it's like to fancy a bad boy, so I can't really tell you if I like them or not. Find me a bad boy and I'll tell you my answer then."

Logan stared at me.

Ryan shook his head. "Dude, that was so sad, it's funny."

"That's right, I'm laughing," Danny grinned.