Chapter 8

I finally made it outside McGonagall's office. I took a quick deep breath before knocking.

I knocked three times then heard her Scottish accent "Enter". So I did just that and smiled at her. "Oh, hello Y/N. What can I do for you today?" I hesitated before asking, afraid of the response. "Well, I'm not exactly sure if you will allow this but we feel it is very important" She nodded and I continued.

"Well, before I start I just want you to know that I was out of bed after hours but once you hear this I'm sure you would be glad" she looked disappointed that I had broken a rule but her expression soon changed when I said she should be glad. "I went for a walk around the castle because I almost had an argument with Sirius. I came across the Slytherin common room and saw Bellatrix Black leaving. She was acting really strange, she pinned me to a wall and called me a mudblood a couple of times. When she released me she walked away so I decided to follow her. She turned a corner and so did I but when I did she was gone. There was nowhere she could possibly have gone" "Y/N, is there a point to this?" my cheeks got hot in embarrassment, I didn't need to drag the story on but I felt it was necessary. "Sorry professor. Well, I spoke to Sirius and he spoke to his father and we have reason to believe Alecto Carrow was here. We went to find Bellatrix in her room and she was spark out but twitching" Her eyes grew wider "When she woke she told us that Alecto was here but we are unsure of what happened to her because she is reluctant to tell us. We decided to have her stay with me since I don't share a dorm. She had a nightmare about the events and she was so fragile and scared, I've not seen anything like it, professor. We have to do something" The older witch nodded her head "Yes, we do. If it's alright I think she must stay with you until further notice so that we know she is safe from harm. I will inform the headmaster immediately" Minerva got up to leave.

I was ecstatic that she can stay with me, that way I know she is safe and away from harm. However, I feel like informing the headmaster won't be much help given my feelings about him.

I made my way down to the great hall to inform the others of what is happening.