Chapter 12

James hasn't bothered Snape much lately. Bella must have really scared him. I can't help but laugh every time she goes near him because he tenses up in case she is going to tell him off again.

I have, however, noticed that Dumbledore is acting strange. He is never there during meals so I've not seen him properly since the incident with Bella. She is still staying with me because we never know when something is likely to happen.

Just as we were about to go to bed I asked Bella something. "Bella?" "Mhm" she sounded sleepy so I decided to make it quick. "Would you like to come on a walk with me to the Black Lake in the morning?" "Of course Y/N" "Great" I am so glad she agreed because I need to speak to her but in a nice setting and be alone. I went to sleep smiling that night.

THE NEXT MORNING

I decided to meet her there since I wanted to pluck up some courage. I quickly grabbed some breakfast and left the great hall as the boys were arriving. "Where are you off to Y/N?" Sirius asked. "None of your business" He grabbed my wrist and spun me around "I'm serious Y/N" "No you're not, you're Sirius" (A/N- I'm sorry I just had to) "Very funny. Now tell me where you're going. I don't want you to go around alone given the situation" I sighed. "If you must know, I'm meeting Bella at the Black Lake. Don't you dare follow" He smirked before rejoining the others. Even though he has never mentioned it, I think Sirius knows how I feel about Bella even though I've never told anyone. I trust him though to not to blab.

I reached the Black Lake and stared out into the horizon thinking

I reached the Black Lake and stared out into the horizon thinking. I'm not too sure how to go about this but I need to get it off my chest. Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by a popping sound.

I turned around to find Albus Dumbledore stood behind me "Hello Y/N" I put my hand on my chest. "Hello Professor" My breathing started to get heavy. He wasn't wearing a smile and I could tell something bad was about to happen. "I think you know why I'm here Y/N" I looked him in the eye before saying "I don't think I do professor" He let out a hearty laugh "I know you do. I've been waiting weeks for an opportunity to get you alone" My heart started racing, I thought it would burst out my chest. He must know that I am onto him.

"W-why" was all I could say, my voice breaking in terror. "Don't play dumb Y/N. You saw me that day, in Bella's room. Of course, I should have been more careful as to not wear my glasses but, I am blind without them" My mouth fell open. "I hear almost everything that goes on in this castle Y/N. I might be partially blind but my hearing is perfectly fine" I laughed at him which angered him slightly. "You think this is funny?" "Not in the slightest professor" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me up from the log I was sitting on. I felt the same fear as I did the night I had an encounter with 'Bella'. Speaking of Bellatrix, where is she?

I was more panicked than before but I still held the courage to confront him. "It was you wasn't it. The night I saw Bella in the corridor. This is why she was able to apparate" He had a tighter grasp on my wrist now "I knew I should have dealt with you earlier Y/L/N"

He raised his wand to my neck and just as he was about to kill me I heard someone shout "Expelliarmus"

It was Bellatrix.