Chapter 38

"What are you doing here Y/N, you could get hurt" I shook my head, I didn't know what I was doing here. "Is it really you?" I asked through tears. She smiled and nodded, holding me safely in her arms. This is the attention I have craved for so many years and to finally feel it again, I could melt.

"We can't stay here. We might die if anyone finds out" she agreed and apparated us somewhere. It wasn't a place that I recognised so It wasn't the Black family manor. "This is Malfoy manor, my sister lives here" I giggled reminiscing.

"So you're telling me, Cissy, married that half-wit Lucius" A soft voice spoke behind me. "Yes I did, Y/N it's good to see you" I turned around slowly to see stood behind me was Narcissa. I ran up to her and hugged her tightly. "I've missed you so much, Cissy. I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for leaving" She was taller than me now so she kissed my head and stroked my hair. "We know why you left and we understood. But you're here now so that's all that matters"

I felt back at home, where I belonged. I should never have left in the first place. I am such a coward.

"You're not a coward my love" she read my mind "You were only young and you were right. I have almost died on many occasions and have even served time in Azkaban" I backed away slowly "you've what? What the hell did you do Bella?" "Wait, let me explain. I am a different person now. I can promise you" I grew angry. I don't know where this confidence came from. "Answer the question Bellatrix" "I may or may not have killed a few people and maybe tortured a couple to insanity" "Wait? Frank and Alice Longbottom. That was you?" I was gobsmacked. She nodded her head slowly and tried to reach for my hand. I flinched. "Please, let me explain. I was angry at you for leaving so I became numb. I wanted to forget you but I just couldn't. I've lost count of how many times I've cried to Cissy over you. I found pleasure in hurting people, as payback for taking you from me" I shook my head. "But Bella, it was your father who did this, not innocent people" She laughed. "If only you knew" I realised that all the people who had died are on my side. Also the side of Dumbledore.

Suddenly something hit me.

"Hold on no. I've been fighting on the wrong side this whole time" Bella cocked her head and raised her eyebrow. "Everyone on this side has the same ideology as Dumbledore don't they. They all thought he was a great man regardless of what he did to us. I guess I just blocked that part out" Everything started to make sense.

"Bella, what are Voldemorts intentions" She laughed. "To destroy all of you for wanting to destroy us. The dark lord is not pure blood. This is why he doesn't want them all dead. Unlike your side" "OH MY GOD. I AM SUCH AN IDIOT" they furrowed their eyebrows as I sat down. "Of course!! Bella, I think that the ministry has corrupted the magical world. Dark magic isn't bad after all. It's just been made out to be" "I'm glad you've realised" she laughed like it was old news. I mean I guess it probably was for her.

"Bella, Cissy. Please forgive me for leaving. I am so terribly sorry. Can we start again" Cissy nodded her head but Bella stayed silent. "Bella, please" I whispered. "No" she said. I didn't want to ask why, I just nodded and looked at the floor.

"I don't want to start again. Can we skip all of that and get to the bit where you ask me to be your girlfriend again?" I gasped and looked back up at her. I nodded and ran up to her practically jumping on her. I didn't want to let go. "So, aren't you going to ask me?" I had almost forgotten. "Yes, of course. Bellatrix, will you be my girlfriend?" She nodded her head and we kissed. Sparks flew around my stomach and electricity shot down my spine. Just like before.