Chapter 9

When I got to the great hall, Sirius had already informed the others of last nights events. James stood up and hugged me "Why didn't you wake us, we would've helped?" I just shook my head, it wasn't the time to think about them. We had to put Bella first.

She was sat alone at the Slytherin table, staring into space. I walked over and sat next to her. "How are you feeling?" "Okay I guess, what about you? I must have scared you yesterday" I smiled slightly. "Don't worry, you didn't. I was just worried about you" She beamed at my comment. 'Has she ever had someone care this much about her before?' I asked myself. "Oh, before I forget to mention. You have to stay with me in my dorm from now on. I hope you don't mind" She gave me a toothy smile "Oh Y/N thank you. I am more than happy to stay with you" I felt her arms cling around my neck to hug me, so I returned it to make sure she felt safe. After all, I needed her to be able to trust someone.

"Let's go over to the boys and let them know. We have a class soon anyway" We both got up and headed back over. "Boys, Bella needs to stay with me for her own safety so you better get used to her being around from now on" They all smiled at her making her feel welcome. She was rather shy around them, however. I guess she mustn't have had many friends like this growing up. I need to find out about her past and why she is being targeted, help me understand her better as a person too. But for now, it's best I stay quiet. I wouldn't want to ruin this friendship.

Before long, I realised the time. We were late for Slughorn's lesson. "Guys, we need to go. Potions!" We abruptly got up and practically ran to the dungeons.

When we got there, the whole class was already present. "Where have you been?" Asked Slughorn. "Oh, sorry professor. We had some business to attend to" I spoke for us all. "Does that include you, Miss Black?" "Of course?" I replied defending her and questioning his comment. That was pretty rude of him, she arrived with us so she obviously wasn't late on her own accord.

Today we made sleeping draught potions. We had to test them on our partners, so because I was paired with Bella, she insisted that she was the one to try it to make up for last night if anything went wrong. It all went to plan and she was sleeping peacefully. I held her in my arms as she took the potion to prevent her from falling and damaging her fragile frame. Slughorn was impressed that it had worked. And with that, Slughorn ensured that all students were back in their rooms until they wake. 'HER ROOM'

I quickly realised it would be in Slytherin, not Gryffindor so I subtly got Sirius' attention and told him where she had gone. We excused ourselves to go to the toilet and ran as fast as we could to her, not wanting to risk anything.

When we got there, we burst through the door and realised there was somebody there. "ALECTO" Sirius screamed. She was watching over Bellatrix and had a handful of her hair. But Sirius failed to notice that she had half-moon spectacles on, exactly like Professor Dumbledore. He or she had apparated away before you could say butterbeer.

Bella was still sleeping peacefully luckily. I turned to Sirius. "Didn't you notice?" He looked at me with a blank expression. "Well for starters she had a handful of Bella's hair and secondly, does Alecto wear glasses? Specifically, half-moon ones?" He thought for a second then shook his head. "Right, my suspicions are confirmed. That wasn't Alecto, it was Dumbledore" Sirius didn't get the chance to respond because Bellatrix stirred then woke up. "Why am I here?" we both sighed then dragged her back to my dorm.