Chapter 35

BELLA'S POV

I couldn't be happier. We had just graduated from Hogwarts and I was at home with my girlfriend. My family still don't know and I don't think I could ever tell them but for now, things are just how I want them to be.

That was until my father burst through the door and went straight up to my mother. "The dark lord has requested Bellatrix. He has not forgotten his demand after all this time. We must bring her to him" my jaw dropped. I looked at Y/N, she looked petrified. My mother gestured to him that we were here as he walked right past us and straight to my mother. "That doesn't matter, not right now. Bellatrix, you need to come with me" he walked over to me and I felt his icy hand grip my wrist and he pulled me up. "Father, I do not want to become a death eater. As much as I respect you, I don't want to be like you" and with that, I felt his hand collide with my cheek. Even though his hands were cold, my cheek instantly grew hot. I pleaded with my girlfriend to help but she told me to go. I felt so scared, I hadn't officially met the dark lord so I don't know what is to come.

I felt myself being dragged out of the room and upstairs so I could get changed and look 'presentable'. I changed and was apparated to a dark room. There were many familiar faces sat around a large table "Ah, Bellatrix. How nice to finally meet you" a cold voice whispered sending shivers down my spine (not the good kind that Y/N gives me). I realised who it was and immediately bowed down "good afternoon my lord" I said, my voice trembling. "Don't act so shy child. I believe you are aware of your presence" I nodded my head and he gestured for me to take a seat. "Shortly, we will be welcoming Bellatrix to join us" everyone grinned at me, I was terrified.

I didn't really listen to what was being said, I only took in who was here and what everyone looked like. They all looked the same, wearing dark clothing and they had the same mark as my father on their left forearm.

"Bellatrix, it's time" he finally spoke. I stood up and slowly walked towards him. "Your left arm" he boomed. Without hesitation, I held it out for him. He used his wand to brand me. My arm burned terribly but I couldn't cry out, it would be seen as weak. As soon as he released my arm I looked at it. An ugly green serpent and skull were engraved into my beautiful arm. I am ruined.

I couldn't bring myself to speak for the entirety of the meeting. I have never been more thankful for it to end. My father apparated us back home. I ran straight to my room. But then I noticed a letter was on my bed. It was Y/N's handwriting.

Dear Bella,

I am so sorry to have to do this. I hope that you understand. I have left the manor but I can't tell you where I have gone, I do not wish for you to come and find me. I feel it is important that we part ways now. I know that the chance of death has become inevitable with you becoming a death eater. Please, look after Cissy for me and tell her that I am sorry. I will always love you Bellatrix Black but I just can't bear to lose you in a terrible way. Leaving is the cowards way out but losing you any other way would physically break me. I am so sorry for breaking your heart like this because believe me, no one will ever be able to fix mine for me. I wish you well my love.

Yours truly, Y/N Y/L/N.

My heart felt like it had been ripped out. She is gone, I am never going to see her again. I can't do this. I screamed into my pillow for a good hour. By the end of the hour of my meltdown, I looked around my room. I had smashed almost everything I came into contact with. I was physically and mentally broken. I just want Y/N back.

I will never stop loving her.