Obsession Chapter 5

hello again - here i am...

i'm turning 16 on friday - practise driving, here we come! (can't drive until 18 in this cursed country!!!) so i'm looking forward to that---

nothing much else to tell you, so i'll let you continue to the story... have a nice week!!

xoxo

You don't know what obsession is...

Until you meet me.

Chapter 5

Cain's POV

I sighed heavily and opened my eyes. Just as yesterday, I hadn't been able to sleep at all. I felt so unbearably lonely without her in my arms.

I wished I could tell her, so I wouldn't have to be without her - but what if she ran away and I had to live my whole life without her? I wouldn't be able to handle that.

I frowned and remembered when I had woken up without her. I'd never felt so alone, so much in pain that I tGhad in that moment. I thought she was supposed to deal the Bond between us too, now. How could she leave me? Ugh!

I groaned and drew my hands through my hair. The air around me was dark as night thanks to the hangings. I didn't want to move - didn't want to leave my safe haven. But I did want to see her - I HAD to see her. The only thing that had stopped me from breaking into her house this weekend, was that I didn't want to scare her off. There were more than one way to do that, so I had to be careful. At the same time I wanted to confront her. Sigh. Again.

I sat up in the darkness and crawled out of my bed, only to be blinded by the eight-o'clock-in-the-morning light that was streaming in through the big windows. Time to get ready for school.

-------------------------

She was talking with Emma, Hanna and Rose at the far end of the parking lot. She hadn't noticed me yet, where I stood with Tommy and my sixteen-year old younger brother, Danny. Well, Daniel, really, but Danny is what everyone called him. They were both laughing at my lovestruck face. Whatever. They didn't know.

She looked up then, nervously glancing around the parking lot, and met my eyes. She froze for a moment, her gaze locked with mine, electric shocks running through both of our systems. God, I wanted her - again and again and again. But then she looked away, speaking a few quick words to her friends, and spun around, headed straight into the closed door behind her.

I took a worried half-step forward, almost reaching out my hand as to steady her from across the lot, while her friends were bent with laughter. Lily stumbled back a few steps before regaining her balance, and, beet-red, opened the door and went inside.

It was kind of cute, though I wished she wouldn't run away from me. Cause it was clear that that was precisely what she'd done - run from me.

I guessed that Tommy and Danny had figured that too, by the amused smiles they were wearing.

"Shut up." I growled at them, even though they hadn't said anything, and grabbed my bad from the ground and went to cross the lot. It wouldn't even be this awkward if not for them: my family, that is - my pack. Well, it probably would have, but I liked blaming them.

I had in memory each and every one of their smug, amused, confused and - in mom's and Bess' case - ecstatic faces as I came down into the kitchen, looking for Lily.

-------------------

The first thing my mom said as I entered the room, was, "She's not here, honey." I felt confused and a bit hurt as I grabbed a bowl of cereal, milk and a spoon from the counter before sitting down with a heavy sigh at the table. Everyone were looking at me.