Obsession Chapter 11

yes, i know: i'm late. again... sorry -- but i had a terrible headache thw whole of yesterday - i had to stay home from school, and i didn't even put the tv on fot the whole day -- it was booooring, i'm telling you. absolutely awful!

again, feel free to come with music proposals - I've sort of run out, it feels like -- well, well - we'll see-....

thank you thank you thank you so much for reading and .... have a nice day XD

here it is, though perhaps a bit short... sorry for that too... ;P

xoxo

You don't know what obsession is... 

Until you meet me.

Chapter 11

Cain's POV 

She loved him. The thought cut like razors. Even if she didn't feel as strong for him now, there was a tiny part of her that still loved him. And that tiny part was killing me. 

I had no doubt that she loved me too - at least a little: I could see it in her eyes, even if she herself didn't know it yet. But I didn't want to share - Lily was mine, and mine alone. Or at least that was how I was supposed to be. 

I looked down at her sleeping form. It was black darkness in the room, as I had long since shut of the light, but I could still see her clear as day. She was curled up against me, a tight grip around my waist, and she looked so at peace - like she belonged, and knew it. This was how it was supposed to be, and I'd be damned if I let it slip away from me. I'd rather die than see her in another man's arms. 

I sighed and shifted slightly, turning to face her better. I wrapped my arm tighter around her and pulled her closer. 

This was how it was supposed to be.

-------------------------

When I woke up she was not in my arms, and (I'm embarrassed to say) I sort of panicked a little, before hearing the sound of the shower running. I breathed a deep sigh of relief. 

It was Sunday today. I wondered what we were going to do, and just then the water was cut off. I tried not to think of Lily's naked body, warm and wet after the steaming shower - because I knew that if I did, there was only one thing we'd be doing today. And it did not include leaving that bed. 

When Lily came out of the bathroom, I was both relieved and disappointed (it that makes any sense) to see that she was already dressed. She smiled at me, running a brush through her damp hair. 

"Sleep OK?" I asked her, and she nodded in response, winking flirtily with a secret little smile on her lips. 

"One of the best nights in my life", she teased. "You?" 

"Yeah", I breathed, trying to restrain myself from jumping her right that second. "So what are we doing today?" I asked quickly, trying to concentrate on something other than her body, which was tightly hugged by a pair of black jeans and a light blue T-shirt. 

"Well...", she started, glancing at me, "I was going to search for a place to work, now that I've caught up in school. You know - money, extra credit - I need it." She smiled. "Maybe a caf\u00e9 or a restaurant or something; and then I was going to hang out with Rose this afternoon." 

I growled a little. I didn't want my Lily to work as a waitress - the hot ones were always hit on, and grabbed. Then I lit up: there was an ice-cream shop at the mall that was searching for people. It was a behind-counter job, so the grabbing was out, and the place was popular, so she'd have a good paycheck.