Obsession Chapter 15

Hi, people! I know it's been, like, months since last, and if I'm honest it's probably gonna be some time until next upload again. I've sort of lost my drive for this story, at least for now. I'm not saying I won't ever write this again, because I probably will, I just don't think I'll be uploading to Wattpad, even if I continue writing per hand.

Anyway, long story short, I'm putting this on hold so you all know there won't be coming another chapter for a while, and won't have to wait for it. Sorry, everyone, and I'll write when I'll write.

So here's the next chapter, enjoy!

xoxo

You don't know what obsession is... 

Until you meet me.

Chapter 15

Lily's POV 

Matt didn't show up at all that whole afternoon, neither at school nor at the mall where I worked. He was, however, at my house when I finally got home. I recognized his car immediately where it stood parked across the street. 

He got out when he saw me, but I quickly rushed inside, slamming the front door shut in his face. 

"Come on, Lily!" he called. "I just wanna talk. It'll only take a minute of your time." There was a short pause while he waited for my response, but when it never came, he shouted, "Open the damn door, Lily!" along with a long line of profanities. I remained silent. 

I stood with my back pressed against the door with Matt on the other side, calling my name for at least fifteen minutes straight before he gave up and got back to his car, where he stayed. 

Is he seriously planning on staying out there the whole night? I thought as I peeked out between the curtains of the living room window. My whole body was still shaking after the close encounter, and a few tears had found their way down my cheeks. 

I slowly made my way up the stairs to my room. I badly needed to lie down for a bit. 

"Lily?" I heard my mother's voice coming from her bedroom. "Is that you?" 

"Yes", I called back, and sighed in relief. I'd forgotten it was her day off, and was glad that I wouldn't have to be alone in the house with Matt outside. 

"How was school?" 

"Uneventful", I replied and went into her room instead of my own, to find her on her stomach on the bed, reading the day's paper. 

I crawled onto the bed, sighing heavily as I lay down beside her. Probably sensing something was wrong, mom looked up from the paper and asked, "What's wrong, sweetie?" 

"Matt's outside", I offered after a moments hesitation. "He wants to 'talk', and he doesn't look like he'll be going away anytime soon." 

I was startled to hear my voice sounding so exhausted and worn, like I was a hundred and eighteen instead of just eitghteen. 

"He's where?" mom asked, suddenly furious. She was never good with forgiving, and I knew that she never would forgive Matt for hurting me like he did. 

"In his car, across the street", I informed her. "Please don't do anything, mom." 

Of course, she didn't listen to me, and secretly, I was glad: I wanted him gone. Even so, I still complained a little when she immediately got up from the bed and walked out of the room. A few seconds later, I could hear her thundering footsteps down the stairs, and then the front door slamming shut behind her.