Obsession Chapter 16

Sorry it took so long, you guys!! (again -- ahhh!!!) but this time there was an actual technical reason--  my old computor (YES! got a new one just yesterday!! :D:D ) actually couldn't upload the chapter to wattpad -- believe me, i tried over and over again, since i had promised i'd get it up since it was finished.. yeah... so, i guess this is it - have at it ;)

enjoy, comment, vote etc. ;) thanks on beforehand <3

here we go!

xoxo

You don't know what obsession is... 

Until you meet me.

Chapter 16

Lily's POV 

I woke up feeling empty and alone, and I knew it was because Cain was not beside me. He hadn't showed up, and that worried me: had something happened? Since I first found him in my bed that morning, not one had passed without him there. Even if he'd been late some nights, he'd always stayed over. So it was weird, him not being there. 

I shrugged, guessing that that thing he'd had had ended late and he'd decided to stay at home for once. That was OK, but I was a little irritated that he hadn't at least called or texted to tell me he wasn't coming. I had really needed his hugs after that whole thing with Matt - it had left me feeling uncomfortable and dirty: I didn't want Matt's lips on mine and he had forced himself on me. 

I got up then, remembering that I'd see Cain at school anyway, so it didn't really matter. Getting out of bed, I had a quick shower before dressing, and then went down for breakfast with mom. 

When she dropped me off at school an hour later (I wouldn't take my driver's license test until the week after), she held me back before I got out of the car. 

"Now remember", she said, giving me a stern look, "I won't be home tonight, and tomorrow morning I'm leaving to see mom and dad for a couple of days, which means: no parties while I'm gone, there's food money in the kitchen drawer, I love you and - be good. Come here, honey." I leaned over and hugged her tightly. At least at grandma's she'd be properly fed and rested. We broke apart, and she smiled at me. "I'm gonna miss you", she said. "Now I have to go, or I'll be late for work." 

"Alright", I said, climbing out of the car. "I'll miss you too. Say hello to grandma and grandpa for me, OK?" 

"Will do! Bye, honey!" 

"Bye mom!" I called, shutting the door behind me as I walked up towards the school building. 

I saw Cain standing along by a side entrance, and waved at him as I approached. I could feel my whole body relaxing a little as soon as I spotted him, and a smile spread across my face. It quickly faltered and disappeared, though, when he ignored me and hurried inside. If I hadn't known better, I'd have thought he was avoiding me. What was going on? Had I done something wrong? 

I frowned, deciding to simply ask him later if something had happened at that thing he was at yesterday. Maybe it had something to do with that secret he was keeping from me. But still - how was that any reason not to talk to me? I pondered this as I went to my locker for my history books. 

Cain was not in the hallway, so I assumed he'd already gotten his books, but when I got to the classroom, he wasn't there either. Instead he entered the last few seconds before the class started, taking the only vacant seat, which was across the room from me, not even glancing my way. 

As soon as the bell rang end of class, I was out of my seat, all but running to catch up with Cain, but he was already gone when I exited the classroom. Getting really worried, at the same time feeling very guilty for some reason (which was absurd since I hadn't even done anything wrong), I walked slowly on to my next class.