Obsession Chapter 12

...

i was just going to tell you that i won't be posting any more after this.... UNLESS i get some feedback on the past few chapters!!! (come on guys - i LOVE the fact that you've even read it, but i want to know what you think, and you're doing a pretty bad job telling me!!!)

..... and i guess that's it. until you comment to let me know if you want more, of course ;) i will not officially put it on hold as i will continue to write and all you have to do to get another chapter, is to tell me that you want it and what you think so far... sorry to pull this, but... (n*n) ...: what can i say? (if you don't get the smiley i just made up - it's a shrug - hihihi XD)

here it is---

xoxo

You don't know what obsession is...

Until you meet me.

Chapter 12

Lily's POV

As one, all of my bones went spaghetti-wannabes, and I almost sagged to the floor in relief as I recognized the visitor. It was Cain. Sweet, beautiful Cain, holding a single sunflower in his right hand, looking a little tense as he watched the door, waiting for someone to open it.

So I went back and did.

His smile as I opened the door must have been one of the most breathtaking things I had ever seen. Still, he studied me with that same tense, slightly worried expression that he'd worn outside just a few seconds earlier.

"Hi", he said, his eyes reflecting some non-existing light, almost glowing.

I shook my head, dazzled, and then threw myself at him, my arms going around his neck. With him close, I could breathe normally again, and my body stopped shaking as he put his arms around my waist in return.

He nearly carried me back into the house, closing and locking the front door behind us before ascending the stairs.

"Are you OK?" he asked, apparently having caught on to my shakes before they stopped. He sounded worried, and I could feel his arms tightening around me as he asked the question.

"Yeah", I breathed against his neck. "Now I am."

"What happened?" he said as he set us down on my bed.

"It was nothing, really", I said, feeling a lot calmer and safer now that he was here. But at his unsatisfied growl, I continued: "There was this creep outside, that's all. He scared me a little."

"Tell me", he demanded, his voice set in a stony tone.

I would have argued against his ordering me around, had I not been so glad that he was there - but as it was, I just told him about my run-in with that Trent-guy. Or was it Travis? Trevino?Trevor? Travers? I mumbled the different names to myself. It had been something on T.R. Tristan? Trace? Troy? Trey? Trey! That was it!

"Trey", I heard Cain quietly murmur the name, like tasting it. "I have to tell the others." And I don't think I was supposed to hear the next part; "You smell of him."

His hold on my waist tightened further, and I knew that if he would hug me just a little harder, I wouldn't be able to breathe. He didn't.

"Wait", I said. "What do you mean 'I smell of him'? How can you tell? I never even touched..." I trailed off when I remembered Trey grabbing my arm for a short second, before letting go right away, like he'd been burned. "What's going on?" I asked, confused.

Cain startled, as if he'd been thinking really hard on something, and then turned to me.

"What?"