Obsession Chapter 14

So here it is people, as promised - sorry it took so long. i'm gonna try to be faster with the next upload, though i can't really promise anything, since i'm way behind with school, after being ill nearly all last week...

well, i'm not oing to keep you from the story any longer since it's already been so long (if anyone even ever reads these comments ;) so-- thanx for your support , and - bye. <3

You don't know what obsession is... 

Until you meet me.

Chapter 14

Lily's POV 

I never saw him coming - suddenly he just stood there in the middle of the crowd of students, watching me. The moment I lay my eyes on him I froze, both in shock and in horror. 

What was he doing here? It had been almost seven weeks since I'd last seen him. I could feel my face draining of color and my eyes start to water as they glued to his. 

Then suddenly, someone was tugging at my hand, demanding my attention, and I knew from the shocks going up my arm, that it was Cain. 

Cain. Wonderful Cain. My Cain. I had him now - I didn't need Matt, and I certainly didn't want him anymore, of that I was one hundred percent sure. 

So at the next tug at my hand, I turned abruptly to face Cain, who was studying me with concern clear on his face. 

"Is something wrong?" he asked immediately, scrutinizing my face. 

"Um..." I was unsure if I should tell him or not, but then made up my mind. "Yeah. Something's wrong. Can we talk outside?" 

My voice didn't sound as steady as I'd hoped, and I could see that he noticed the slight shiver, since he took a firmer grip on my hand and steered me toward the exit without any questions or protests. 

"He's here", I said as soon as we were out of hearing range of other people. 

"Who?" Cain asked, furrowing his brows in confusion. 

I bit my lip, hesitating. I could feel my eyes start to water. Cain obviously saw this, despite that I tried to hide it by turning my head away, and he was before me in a flash, hugging me the next second. I rested my head against his shoulder, taking comfort in his embrace. 

"Matt", I said finally, my voice breaking. "He's here." 

I could feel Cain stiffen at Matt's name. A few tense seconds passed in silence before he asked, "Are you OK? Do you want to leave?" 

I breathed a huge sigh, trying to keep from crying over Matt on Cain's shirt. 

"Can we?" I asked, unsure. "I don't want you to get detention because of me." 

He chuckled at this. 

"I'll be fine, don't worry. Come on, I'll take you home."

--------------------

The ride to my house was awkward. I could tell that I had, to some extent, hurt Cain by still caring about Matt, and I didn't know what to say. It's not like I could just go ahead and control my feelings - believe me, I would have done so a long time ago if that had been the case. 

Anyway, since actually seeing Matt, I'd realized that I didn't love him anymore. Or maybe I did, I don't know - was it love if I wanted to beat him to a pulp and then never lay my eyes on him ever again? I was hurt and angry, sure - but did that mean I didn't love him? And what about Cain? I knew I liked him. Very much. Maybe even - though I didn't wanna say it, because it was way too soon - loved. And if such was the case: how can you love two different guys at the same time? Gah - this whole thing was so confusing!