9

"I feel so used. How am I supposed to live without you? I refuse."

Lisa's POV

"I'm sorry baby..." I felt her caress my face.

She's crying, I could hear her sniffing.

"Please forgive me? I'm doing this for us. I don't want them to hurt you. I love you so much, Lili."

Huh? I must be dreaming, I should just go back to sleep.

***

I woke up because my alarm went off. A smile was plastered on my face knowing that Jennie and I are okay now.

Before I could open my eyes, I hugged the person next to me, "Good morning, baby!"

Silence...

Huh? That's weird, she's really squishy.

When I opened my eyes, I was greeted by a pillow. Weird.

"Jennie?" I called her out.

"Baby?"

No one is responding. It's really quiet. Where is she?

I got up and I noticed something...

All of her things are gone.

Did she leave me? Wait... Last night... It wasn't a dream, it was real. She left me last night.

"She... l-left me..."

I went to get my phone to check if she left me a text but there was none. I tried calling her but she was out of reach.

I don't know what to do, I started panicking and accidentally called someone.

The person answered, "Hello?"

"Please? Come here. I need you..." I said, crying and ending the call.

I don't know and I don't care who I called, I just need someone right now. Anxiety took over me, and the last thing I knew, everything went black.

***

"Lili..."

"Hey, wake up!" I felt someone tapped my cheeks.

"Yah! Lalisa!" I immediately opened my eyes as soon as she screamed at me.

As soon as I could see the person in front of me clearly, I quickly hugged her.

She caressed my back slowly, "Hey Lili, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"Jennie..." I said, sniffing.

She looked at me confusedly. "What about Jennie?"

"She... S-She left me, Chaeng."

"What?!" She said, raising her voice. "How could she do this to you?!"

I don't know what to say, should I tell her what I know? Or should I remain silent? I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to cry and let this all out.

"Chaeng... I wanna tell you s-something..." I said in a sad tone.

She nodded and guided me to my bed. "Let me get you some water first."

I sighed and slowly nodded at her.

She went to the kitchen to get some water while I started to recall the unknown phone call.

Flashback

Unknown number calling...

"Huh? I wonder who this is." I said to myself before answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lisa, how are you doing?"

As soon as I heard his voice, I quickly went pale. What does he want from me this time?

"I'm doing good, how about you?"

He chuckled. "Oh, I'm doing pretty good. How are you and Jennie?"

I could feel him smirking from the other line. "We're doing g-great."

"Really? Why does it seem like you both are drifting apart?" He said, laughing.

My blood boiled, "What do you want from me?"

"Stay away from her. This is your last warning, Lisa." His voice is now serious and kinda scary.

"Why are you doing this? All I want is to love her."

"You are no good for her, you are worthless, a piece of trash. Nothing but a poor and useless person. You don't even have that much money, she doesn't have a future with you."

Tears started to fall from my eyes. "But I l-love her..."

He sighed. "For the last time Lisa, STAY.AWAY.FROM.MY. DAUGHTER!"

"But–"

He ended the call before I could say anything.

I deeply sighed. "Yes Mr. Kim." I said, even if the call ended already.

End of flashback

"Monkey"

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Chaeng, I looked at her and she was crossing her arm over her chest while lifting one of her brows.

"I've been calling you a couple of times already, what's happening to you Lili?" She asked worriedly.

I shook my head and told everything to her.

***

"Thanks for making dinner and for coming Chaeng, it helped me a little." I said to her, before giving her a hug.

"No worries, Lili. I got you."

I opened the door for her so she could go outside.

"I'll come here tomorrow to check on you. Stay strong, Lili. Fighting!" She said, smiling at me.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek as a thank you for everything she did for me today.

She waved goodbye before entering her car and drove off.

As soon as she was out of my sight, I went straight to the kitchen to get something to drink. I still don't feel good. I haven't told Chaeng about the call, I don't want her to get more worried, she's done enough.

I got some beer and went to the living room. While sitting and drinking, I noticed one picture was missing. Maybe Jennie took it with her? But why would she take it? She doesn't love me anymore, right?

I started to cry, remembering all the happy and sad moments with her.

"I miss you, Jennie... come back to me." 

"Please..."