10

"I just wanna be the one, but to you we're already done."

Rosé's POV

I went back to Lisa's house the next morning and what happened next shocked me.

Lisa's house was a mess. Broken glasses everywhere, chairs were flipped, and Lisa is nowhere to be found.

I carefully went inside slowly, not wanting to step on a broken glass. I felt disappointed in myself, I should've just stayed last night.

"Lisa!" I shouted in hopes that she would respond.

"Lili! Where are you? Answer me!" 

It was silent, until I heard sobs coming from her room.

I quickly went there and slowly opened her door. "Lili?" I said. "Are you here?"

It was dark, her sobs are getting louder and louder.

"Leave!" She shouted.

As soon as I turned on the lights, I froze. Her bedroom was way worse than her living room. And there, I saw her, in the corner sitting and curled up.

I went to her. "Lili, it's me. Chaeng." I said while gently reaching my hand to her.

"I said leave!" She cried harder. "Leave! Just like the rest! Leave me alone!"

I quickly hugged her. She tried to remove herself from the hug but she was weak and tired, so she let me.

"Hush now Lisa, I'm here." I said, caressing her hair and calming her down.

She hugged me back. "It hurts, Chaeng. Why does she have to leave me? Am I not enough? Where did I go wrong?"

I sighed. "You are more than enough, Lili."

She shook her head.

I gently held her chin and made her look at me. "Hey, look at me." I said, giving her a small but genuine smile. "You are enough... You did nothing wrong, okay? It's her loss, not yours. I'm here, Lisa."

She didn't say anything, she just stared at me while tears where falling from her eyes.

While wiping her tears, I couldn't stop staring at her. Suddenly, my heart began to beat fast and I'm starting to get butterflies in my–

I shook off my thoughts. No... No... This couldn't be happening right now. Seriously, Chaeng? Wrong timing.

I stood up and lend my hand to her. "Come on, Lili. You need to rest."

Good thing she didn't complain, she held my hand and helped herself get up.

I fixed her bed before letting her lay down.

"Lili, get some rest, okay? I'll clean up everything here."

She held my hand, stopping me. "No, let me help you–"

I shook my head and smiled at her. "I can do this, I just want you to rest. You're tired already, just sleep okay? We'll talk once you wake up." I said and kissed her forehead.

She smiled at me. "Thank you, Chipmunk."

 I nodded and proceeded to the living room to clean her mess up.

***

"Lili?" I called her, knocking at her door. "Are you awake?"

"Come in!"

I opened the door and went to her with a tray filled with food, water and medicine.

She gave me a smile. "What are these for?"

"For you, silly?" I chuckled. "You need it, I don't want you getting sick because of this."

"Thank you, Chaeng..."

"Always got your back, Lili."

She held my hand which made me froze in place and looked at me. "I mean it, Chaeng. Thank you."

I gave her a smile, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach. "Now, eat."

She nodded and immediately ate.

***

After washing the dishes, I went back to Lisa's room to check on her.

"Chaeng..."

"Hmm?" I looked at her.

"Runaway with me?"

I got speechless. I blinked a couple of times, processing what she said. "What?"

She sighed. "I said, runaway with me?"

Without hesitation, I nodded. "But... Where?"

"Australia."

"Okay, when are we going?" I asked.

"We'll get the earliest flight tomorrow. But..."

I looked at her confusedly. "But what?"

"Please don't tell anyone about this?" She said, more like begging.

I gave her a smile and held her hand. "Don't worry. I won't."

She stood up and went to get her phone. "I need to call someone to arrange our flight tomorrow, I'll be right back, okay?"

I nodded.

OMG! I can't believe I am running away with Lisa. I don't know what I got myself into, but one thing is for sure, I won't regret it.

***

"Everything's settled, our flight will be at 8:00 AM tomorrow." She said, smiling at me.

"Uhm... I should get going now, Lili. I need to pack my things." I said to her, scratching my nape.

She chuckled. "Sure Chaeng, see you tomorrow?"

I nodded. "You sure you're okay now?" I asked.

"Yeah, thank you so much, Chaeng. It really means a lot to me." She said, giving me a hug.

I giggled. "Will always be there for you, Monkey." Winking at her.

She shook her head and gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek.

I can't help but blush.

"Hey, are you okay?" Lisa asked worriedly. "Why is your face red all of the sudden?"

I covered my face immediately. "U-Uh... I'm f-fine, Lili."

"Are you sure?" She was about to remove my hands from my face but I ran to my car.

"I'm fine. Gotta go, bye! See you tomorrow!" I waved her goodbye and quickly went inside my car and drove away.