11

"Tell me, why'd you have to hit and run me? Now I'm all alone, crying ugly."

Lisa's POV

I woke up early to pack my things and called Rosé to wake her up also.

While I was getting my clothes, I noticed a folded paper. It seems like a letter written not so long ago. Curiosity hits me, so I opened it.

I was shock to see that it was Jennie's hand writing and I read it:

Dear Lisa,

If you find this, I want you to know that I am truly sorry. Sorry for leaving you without even saying a proper goodbye. I don't want it to say it in person because I don't want to see you breaking down in front of me, I don't want to see you getting hurt. I wrote this letter to say sorry and to tell you the truth...

My parents... They don't want me to be with you, especially my dad. Ever since they found out about us, they tried to separate us but I fought. Believe it or not, I fought for us, Lisa. But one time, they set me up on a date with one of the sons of my Dad's colleague, they told me if I agreed, they won't bother us anymore. I went on that date, I didn't tell you that time because you were so busy with school. The date went pretty well, he's name was Kim Jongin or Kai, at first I only saw him as a friend because I was still in love with you. But as time goes by, the more I get to know him, the more I fell for him. I tried to stop this feeling but I couldn't help it. I'm sorry for cheating on you, Lili.

I found out that Kai cheated on me, before writing this letter someone sent me a photo of Kai kissing a girl. I was hurt, I don't want to leave you, really... But my Dad wants me to marry Kai, I couldn't do anything. He's threatening me that if I won't leave you, he'll do something bad to you and I don't want something to happen to you. Forgive me for leaving you, but I must protect you.

Thank you for everything, for four years of loving me and taking good care of me. You will always be my best part. I love you so much, my Lili, but I have to let you go. Be free, be happy even without me. 

Nini

After reading the letter, I couldn't help but cry my heart out. It hurts so much more to know the truth. Why are you doing this Jennie? I can protect myself. Why do you have to leave me? 

"PLEASE COME BACK!" I shouted.

I heard someone quickly opened the door. "Lisa?! Are you okay?!" It was Rosé.

"What's wrong? Were you hurt?" She asked, searching for something in my body.

"I'm fine." I said, wiping my tears. "Here..." Handing her the letter.

"What's this?" She asked, looking at me confusedly.

I sighed. "Jennie left a letter before she left me."

While Rosé was reading the letter, I got up and continue packing my things.

"Lisa?" She called me.

"Hmm?"

"Do you still want to go to Australia? I mean, Jennie still loves you." 

I shook my head. "What's the point of staying here Chaeng? She's getting married already, and I don't even know where she went. I just want to move on, I'm tired already."

She sighed and went near me to give me a hug.

"Can you just... help me with packing my remaining things?"

"Sure, Lili."

***

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 923JL to Australia. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you."

"Are you ready, Lili? There's no turning back now." Rosé said.

I smiled at her. "Yeah, this is it, Chaeng."

She held my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze while smiling at me.

I took out my phone and text Jisoo:

Hey Chu! I'm on my way to somewhere, please don't find me. I promise, I'll take care of myself and I'm safe. I just want to thank you for everything, for being my bestfriend for a long time. I love you, Chu. Please take care of yourself, and also Jennie. Tell her how much I love her, don't let anyone hurt her. I left something in my house, you have a spare key right? Go to my room, there are 3 boxes in my bed. The black ones are for you and Seulgi, I was supposed to give it to you guys after graduation but I couldn't make it. I hope you both will like it. And the pink one, give it to Jennie. This isn't a goodbye, but see you soon. I don't know when I'll be coming back. I'm gonna miss you, Jisoo!

After sending it, I immediately turned my phone off. My heart hurts knowing that I am not only leaving Korea, but I am also leaving my bestfriends. I'm gonna miss them so much. But I have to do this, for the better.

Rosé noticed that I was feeling uneasy. She came to me and hugged me.

"This is the final boarding call for passengers booked on flight 923JL to Australia. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes time. I repeat. This is the final boarding call. Thank you."

I pulled away from the hug and held her hand. "This is it..." I said, taking a deep breath.

"Let's go." She said, giving me a smile.

***

Unknown POV

I'm here hiding and watching them from a distance.

"I'm sorry, Lisa... Please take care, my love."