12

"You broke my heart just for fun, took my love and just left me numb."

2 years later...

Jennie's POV

It's been 2 years since Lisa left. I haven't heard from her. I hope she's doing well. I miss her...

I am now working at our company as the COO and my sister, Jisoo, is the current CEO. Everything is doing well these days. I'm happy with my job and I'm happily married to Kai.

I confronted him before after the cheating incident, he apologized and asked for another chance and I gave it to him, but it wasn't that quick though, he had to earn my trust again.

He showed me that he was worth it and proved to me that he is still the person I fell in love with before.

I was cutted off with my thoughts by a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I said.

A beautiful person appeared and went near me, smiling.

"Hi Sis." She said.

I greeted her with a hug. "Hi Unnie! What are you doing here?"

She just shrugged. "Just came by to say Hi to my not-so-baby sister." She chuckled.

Hmm? I know there's something  going on. She's just not telling me.

I looked at her suspiciously. "What are you really doing here Unnie?" I asked raising a brow to her.

She sighed. "I-I just miss h-her, you know?" She sadly looked down.

I know what she means, and I know who that her is. I miss her too...

I checked the date today and I realized something.

"Sh*t! It's September 23rd. Why didn't you tell me, Unnie?"

She sadly smiled at me. "I thought you'd forget, that's why I came by to at least remind you."

I hugged her and kissed her cheek. "Thank you for reminding me, Unnie! I gotta go."

Before she could say anything, I dashed out of the door.

Ever since Lisa went away, I always come by to our old house every 23rd. No one is living there and some of our furniture are still there. Only Jisoo knew about this, I didn't tell Kai nor my parents.

It's our supposedly 6th anniversary today, and I just wanna be alone. I brought some wine with me. Whenever I come here, I just sit in the couch, drink wine and remember all the happy and sad moments with her. I admit, I was stupid back then but I think I made the right decision of letting her go. At least I protected her, I mean... that's good right?

I shook off my thoughts and called Jisoo.

"Unnie?"

"Jen? Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

I sighed. "I t-think so..." I don't know why I am feeling this way.

"Are you sure? I could go there–"

"No..." I cutted her off. "I think I'll just go home... I just miss her, Unnie. That's all."

I heard her chuckle. "Oh I know you do, Jenjen. Just come home, I'll cook something for you."

Even though I'm married, I stayed at my family's house. Kai offered me to live with him but I just don't feel like living with him.

I smiled, even though Jisoo couldn't see me. "Thanks, Unnie. See you!"

"Okay, drive safe. Bye!"

***

On my way to our house, I saw two familiar persons inside a luxurious restaurant. I parked a little farther from the restaurant so that they won't notice my car.

As soon as I got to the restaurant, I could see them clearly. I hid behind a bush and what I saw, broke me. They kissed.

I thought he changed, I thought he won't do this to me again.

I couldn't help myself, I went inside the restaurant and slapped him.

"What the– Jennie?!" He widened his eyes when he saw me.

"I thought you changed, Kai! I thought you won't do this to me again!" I shouted, not caring about the other people around us.

The girl, or should I say his secretary, Krystal, went near him and caressed his face. "Are you okay, baby?"

"The audacity of you to call him that! He's my f*cking husband for pete's sake!" I was about to grab her hair when Kai stopped me.

"Let go of me!" I shouted.

He laughed, still not letting me go. "Did you think I married you because I love you?" Shaking his head. "I only married you because of the money."

I couldn't believe what I'm hearing right now.

"Our company was going down and the only way to bring it back is to marry you." He went near me and held my chin to let me face him. "Jennie... Jennie... Jennie... Sorry but, I don't even love you." He said, patting my head.

Krystal and him were laughing so hard, all the people in the restaurant were watching us.

I felt embarrassed and ashamed. I immediately went outside and quickly ran to my car, crying.

"Why?! I f*cking made the wrong decision!" I said, screaming inside my car.

"F*ck you, Kai!"

After letting all my frustration out, I drove off and went home.

I went straight to Jisoo's room and hugged her.

"Hey... Hey..." She said, caressing my back. "What's wrong? W-Why are you crying?"

Before I could say anything, everything went black.