Epilogue

It was a cool summer's day, clouds obscuring the usually bright blue sky and blocking out the heat from the sun. After weeks of baking in its scorching rays, the Beacontowners were excited for the rain to finally come.

Radar smiled as he looked out the window at the forming clouds and the welcoming shadows they cast over the colourful town. He always loved the cool, cloudy weather. It reminded him of her.

Turning away from the window, Radar walked back to his desk and began sorting through the neat piles of paperwork. He was almost done, and then he could go home for the week.

A soft knock at the open door caused Radar to jump slightly. He rarely got any visitors at the office, and hadn't been expecting anybody. But when he lifted his head and his eyes met those of the person who was standing in the doorway, he could feel the colour draining from his face. It was like staring at a ghost.

Jesse.

She didn't look anything like the emotional wreck who left them behind over a year ago, the broken fighter who had come out of Romeo's battle. Instead it was her, the Jesse who he loved and trusted. Her brown eyes filled with kindness, that permanent smile resting on her tan face.

Radar's mouth opened slowly, but he couldn't find his words. Tears sprung to his eyes, his breath catching in his throat. And without thinking, he ran into her open arms.

Jesse enveloped Radar in a warm and loving embrace, her arms around him gentle. He had forgotten what a good hugger she was.

"I missed you so much!" He choked out, tightening his grip on her. "I thought I'd never see you again."

"And I missed you." Jesse pulled away from Radar, her hands still resting on his shoulders as she gazed at him with tear-filled eyes. "I'm so sorry for leaving, I... I needed time to find myself, before I could fix the mistakes I made."

"You're... you're normal again." Radar said, beginning to smile as he looked up to her. "Are you staying?"

Jesse expression saddened, more tears willing up in her eyes. She shook her head, rubbing Radar's shoulder.

"I'm no longer the horrible person I was a year ago, but I'm not the old Jesse either. This is just a glamour, I... I didn't want to scare you."

Radar's eyes widened, taking a step back as the woman in front of him slowly transformed. Her tan skin faded to a rosy pink colour, while her long chestnut hair turned to a dark magenta colour. Most frightening of all, her calm brown eyes completely changed to a powerful gold.

"Don't be afraid, Radar." Jesse said softly, taking a step closer to him again. "I'm an Admin, but I won't hurt you. I can control my powers now."

She rested one hand on Radar's shoulder again, smiling down at him. Despite finding them frightening at first, he could see that same kind gaze Jesse always wore, in her new golden eyes.

"I'm restoring the Underneath with Xara and Binta." She explained smiling. "The people down there need us. Beacontown on the other hand, I think they're doing just fine with you leading them."

Radar's eyes widened. "Really?" He asked softly.

"I can't express just how proud I am of you." Jesse said, her words causing Radar's face to visibly redden. She smiled sadly. "And hey, I'll always be around. If it's something you'd want, I could build you your own portal to the Underneath, if you ever want to come visit."

Radar nodded, wiping his eyes on the sleeve of his jacket. "I'd love that."

"Come on." Jesse said, giving him a pat on his shoulder. "Before I leave, I owe it to Beacontown to tell them the truth."