Fifteen

Aimee stood in the flat with Grace and Trevor. No one had said a word. "What the hell is going on? We thought you were dead?" Grace asked.

Aimee looked to her and nodded. "I know. That was kind of the plan. Look, I never meant to put any of you through this. I swear I didn't. But it wasn't about you. I had to fake my death because of this guy I was seeing. He was bad news. And he wasn't going to leave me alone. Unless he thought I was dead. I know I've put you all through a lot. And I know it's hard and messy. It's a shock. But I'm sorry," Aimee said.

Trevor looked to her and smiled. "You don't need to apologise. I'm just glad you're alive. You're our daughter. And the fact we thought you were dead, well it's not a good feeling. But I'm glad you're okay," he said as he pulled Aimee into a hug.

Aimee smiled as she looked to him. She sighed to herself knowing it was a big mess. Aimee knew she wanted to get her life back to normal. If she could forget about her last.

****

Aimee sat in Hannah and Warren's flat. Hannah walked in with Alexa and Ebony. "Hi baby," Aimee said as Alexa walked over to her and hugged her. Aimee smiled. "Where's Warren?" She asked.

"He had some business to deal with. The least I know about it the better," Hannah said.

Aimee nodded. "So I thought that we could talk. I know I put you all through a lot. And I'm sorry. But I'm looking for my own place. Just for me and Alexa," she said.

Hannah frowned. She looked at her. "You don't have to do that."

"I do. It's for the best. I mean, we need our own place. End don't worry. I'm not going to take Alexa from Warren. He's an amazing father. I just think it's time," Aimee said.

Hannah looked to her and smiled. "No matter what, we're here for you. We'll help you. It's not easy after all that you've been through. Starting over again," Hannah told her.

Aimee smiled and nodded as she looked at her. She was feeling grateful. She was grateful for her sister and Warren. How supportive they had been in her complicated and messy situation she had been caught up in.

****

Aimee walked through the village and smiled as she saw Patrick. She looked up as he walked over to her. "Hey. How's things?" He asked.

Aimee looked to him and smiled. "They're good," she said.

Patrick nodded. He sighed. "I can't stop thinking about you. And I thought that maybe if you want to, I could take you out sometime," he said.

Aimee frowned as she looked at him. "What? Like a date?" She asked.

"Yeah," he said.

Aimee smiled as she looked at him and nodded. "I'd like that," Aimee said.

Aimee had no idea that as she was moving on with her future, how her past was going to come back and haunt her.