Twenty

Aimee knew how things were and how she and Patrick had agreed to give things a go.

She knew it wasn't easy. She knew that she was worried about things that had happened in the past. She knew that she just wanted to be happy.

She looked to Alexa and smiled as she looked to her little girl. She knew that things weren't easy. But she knew that Alexa was her world.

Aimee frowned as she heard a knock at the flat as she stood up. She answered the door and saw Patrick as she looked to him and smiled.
"What are you doing here?" She asked.

Patrick looked to her and smiled. "I brought you a coffee," he said as he walked inside.

Aimee looked to him and smiled. "Thanks," she said as he smiled.

He looked to Alexa as she sat playing and smiled. "You do a good job with her."

Aimee looked to him and smiled. "I try my best. But it's definitely not easy. But I love her. I love her more than anything. And it's not been easy I just want to give her the best," she said as Patrick looked to her and smiled as he pulled her close and kissed her.

Aimee kissed him back and smiled as she looked to him. She knew that they were taking things slow.

But she knew how good it was with Patrick. And she knew just how safe that he made her feel. And after everything she was grateful for that.

****

Aimee walked through the village. She smiled as she saw Hannah and smiled. "Hey how are you doing?" She asked.

Aimee looked to her and smiled. "I'm good. You don't need to worry about me. A lot has happened. But I'm in a good place," she said.

Hannah looked to her and smiled. "I'm glad. I'm glad that you're happy. I know it's not been easy. But Patrick does make you happy doesn't he?" She asked. She knew she didn't want Aimee to get hurt anymore.

Aimee looked to her and smiled. "I know that you worry about me. But you don't need to be. Patrick is good to me. And I am taking it slow. And after everything that has happened, I need somebody like him. I do think I could fall in love with him."

Hannah smiled. "As long as he treats you right you don't need anyone like the last jerk," she said as Aimee looked to her and smiled.

****

Aimee got back to the flat and smiled as she looked to Alexa as she lay asleep in her pushchair.

She knew things weren't easy. And she knew Alexa had been through a lot. But she knew how she wanted to give her daughter the best.

Aimee knew that she and Warren were doing their best for her. She knew the childhood she and Hannah had with their parents. And she knew that she didn't want that for her daughter.

She knew she wanted for everything to be okay. But would it all work out in the end?