Nine

Aimee was planning on leaving. She knew she couldn't stay in the village. She was torn between taking her daughter and leaving her behind. She knew Warren was going to make sure she kept quiet about the fact he was Alexa's father.

When she woke that morning, Aimee walked downstairs. She saw Warren and Hannah and felt her heart break. Aimee knew deep down it was what she wanted for her daughter. A happy family. Especially when Hannah was also pregnant.

Aimee knew that the last thing she wanted was for Hannah to hate her. She knew that Warren would kill her if she didn't keep her mouth shut. But Aimee didn't know if she could do it. She couldn't keep on lying anymore.

****

Aimee stood in her room as she started packing. She looked to Alexa and sighed. She smiled slightly as she picked her up and got her settled.

Grace walked in and frowned as she looked to her. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm getting out of here. What does it look like? I can't stay around here anymore," Aimee said as she sat on the bed.

Grace frowned. "Have you told Hannah?" She asked.

"No. And you can't tell her. It's for the best. I don't want her to hate me," Aimee said.

Grace didn't know why Aimee was leaving. "Why. Why are you going?"

Aimee sighed. "I'm having a fresh start. I need it for Alexa," she told her.

Grace looked at her and frowned. Aimee sighed and looked at her mum. "You can't tell Hannah. Promise me. She will stop me. I don't need that. She is happy with Warren. The last thing I want is to ruin that," Aimee said.

Grace frowned. She looked at her daughter and realised she was hiding something from her. "And how would you do that?" She asked.

"Never mind. Just leave it," Aimee said as she finished packing.

****

Aimee walked through the village and sighed as she saw Patrick. She looked to him and sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. He walked over to her. "What do you want?" She asked.

He looked at her and smiled. "I wanted to see if you were okay. She's a cutie," Patrick said as he looked into the pushchair.

Aimee smiled slightly. "She's a handful."

"You know that you don't to do it on your own. I can help you," he said.

Aimee looked at him and smiled slightly. "I don't need your help. I don't need anything," she said as she walked off.

****

Aimee sighed as she walked out of the flat to get her taxi. She saw Hannah who walked over to her and smiled. "What are you doing?" Hannah asked.

Aimee looked at her and sighed. "Mum told you."

"Yeah. She did. What are you playing at?" Hannah asked. She saw Alexa in the taxi.

Aimee sighed. "I have to go. It's better for you and Warren," she said.

Hannah looked at her and frowned. "What has Warren got to do with it? What aren't you telling me?"

"Warren. He is Alexa's father. I am so sorry," Aimee said. She looked at Hannah and felt guilty for how she had just broken her sister's heart.

She got in the taxi. Vowing to not return to the village again.