Sixteen

Aimee had gotten her own flat. She wanted to get her own place. And she wanted to get her life back on track. Aimee knew it wasn't going to be easy.

Aimee wanted to be a good mum and be there for Alexa. She loved her little girl more than anything. And she wanted to be a good mum.

Aimee opened the door as she heard a knock. She grinned as she saw Hannah with Alexa. Alexa grinned. "Mummy!" She squealed.

Aimee picked her up and kissed her head. "Have you been good for daddy and auntie Hannah?" She asked as she looked at her.

"Yes," Alexa said as she toddled off to play with her toys.

Aimee looked to Hannah and smiled. Hannah hugged her. "How's things? I feel like I haven't seen you lately," Hannah said.

Aimee smiled and nodded. "They're good. I feel like my life is getting back on track. My life is getting good again. I just wanna move on from all that happened. You know?" She told her.

Hannah smiled as she looked at her. "I know it's hard. But you're going to be okay. You're a good mum. And I know that you've been through a lot. But it will be okay," Hannah said.

****

Aimee walked into the coffee shop. She looked to see Patrick and smiled. "Well I didn't expect to see you here. I thought you had a school to run?" She said.

Patrick looked to her and smiled. "I can take a break. How are you doing?" He asked.

Aimee smiled and looked to him as they held a look. "I'm good. I'm getting my life back on track. I'm trying to make it work. With being a single mum. I'm going to go back to collage so I can get a career. I want to do what's best," Aimee said.

Patrick smiled. "I think that's a good idea. Maybe you can let me take you out to dinner so that we can celebrate. We can celebrate properly," said Patrick.

Aimee smiled as she looked to him. She knew she wanted to be happy. But she was scared. "Sure. I'd like that. But I don't want to rush into anything. You know?"

Patrick nodded as he smiled and looked to her. "It will be okay. We can take it slow. I promise you," Patrick said.

Aimee smiled as she looked to him. "Okay then. Let's go out," she said. Wanting to take it slow.

****

Aimee got back to the flat. She looked to see Alexa. She smiled as she looked at her. She knew how things were. And she was trying to make her relationship with her daughter work. And she was trying her best.

But Aimee had no idea how getting involved with Patrick Blake was going to change. And it wasn't going to be easy. But with a face from Aimee's past, and the reason that she faked her death about to show up,  could she cope with it all? Or would it all be too much?