Six

Aimee stumbled home. She couldn't believe what she had just done. She didn't want to believe it either. She thought she was a horrid person.

Hannah looked up as Aimee walked in. Hannah frowned." Aims? What's happened?"

"Nothing. I'm fine. I need a bath," Aimee said. She ignored Hannah's calls.

***
Aimee sat in the bath and cried. She had washed all the blood away. She couldn't believe it was over. After so many months.

When Aimee had finished, she went downstairs. Hannah smiled. "Let's watch a movie."

"Okay."

Aimee sat with her sister. Hannah held her close. "I love you kid."

"Love you too."

***
The door opened and Grace walked in with Trevor. "Someone's abandoned a baby outside the hospital. A little baby girl," she said.

Hannah frowned. "What?"

"Yeah. Maxine is talking about it. She's not much older than a few hours," Grace explained.

Hannah looked at Aimee and saw how quiet she had gone. "Shocking isn't it Aimee?" Hannah asked.

Aimee nodded. "Yeah. Whoever abandoned that baby is a heartless cow," she mumbled.

***
Hannah went to check on her sister. Aimee was lying in bed. "You okay?" She asked.

Aimee nodded. She sat up and looked at Hannah. "Why wouldn't I be okay?"

Hannah shrugged. "Mum and dad mentioned that baby and you went weird."

"Oh."

***
Hannah walked over to the club. Her parents were there talking. "I think I know who abandoned the baby," Hannah said.

"Who?"

"Aimee."

Grace and Trevor were both shocked. They looked at Hannah. "Why do you think it was Aimee?" Grace asked.

Hannah sighed. "Look, she came back home, she wasn't her usual self. She went through that whole makeover but hasn't been dressing up as much. You walked in and mentioned how a baby had been left outside the hospital. She's in her bedroom right now crying," she explained.

"She hasn't had a baby. I think we would know if our baby girl had a baby," Trevor said.

***
Aimee was making herself some noodles. She could feel herself bleeding again. Aimee knew she needed to get help but she couldn't. She was too scared.

The front door opened and Hannah walked in. Hannah looked at Aimee and saw the blood patch on her jeans. "Aims, What happened?"

"Nothing. It's my period," Aimee lied. She looked at Hannah. "There some noodles left"

Hannah nodded. "I'll make some soon. You're sure you're okay?" She asked.

***
Aimee was in tears in her bedroom. She was in so much pain. She didn't know how she was still alive with the pain.

Aimee went to take her bowl downstairs. Hannah grinned. "Mother Nature is a cow huh?"

Aimee nodded and sat down. She flinched at the pain. Hannah noticed. "Wow. You're really having a hard time aren't you?" She asked.

***
Aimee had fallen asleep. Hannah knew her little sister was a deep sleeper. Hannah untied the sash on the dressing gown. She saw the blood and paled.

She realised that Aimee was the mother of the baby. But who could she tell?