Chapter 8 : Who Says No to Free Food?

"She had magic in her eyes
even the stars envied."

I sat there, gaping at the man in front of me

I sat there, gaping at the man in front of me. His blue eyes blazing in silent challenge as he stared at the waiter.

Azrael.

Me and the waiter both seemed to have stopped functioning properly though I'm sure it was because of totally different reasons.

I felt my throat dry as my eyes travelled downwards.

He was clad in a simple black shirt that hugged his broad chest, the top two buttons open showing a silver of his skin and black jeans that emphasised his long, muscular legs. His hair was messy as if he had run his fingers many times through it.

His attention then slid to me and I saw his gaze softening. I still sat there frozen as he walked near and sat right in front of me, his mesmerizing eyes never leaving mine.

"One black coffee." He told the waiter without looking at him. He snapped out of his trance and rushed inside.

Azrael sat there staring at me, his eyes holding an unknown emotion and I felt as if he could see right through my soul. I could feel my palms turning clammy and my heart beating rapidly.

Oh God what if he can hear it ?!

Or worse hear my thoughts.

He still did not move an inch and neither did he utter a single word and we both just sat there looking at each other as if we were in some sort of trance. I'm sure it must have looked very creepy to the people watching us.

And then the corner of his lips twitched into a beautiful smile, a dimple appearing on his cheek that left me breathless and my heart skipped a few beats.

A different waiter came bearing a cup of coffee and placed it infront of Azrael who gave him a nod of thanks to him.

I raised a brow as he pushed the cup towards me, his long slender fingers adorned with silver rings.

"It's for you."

Oh. Okay then.

He was about to say something else when his phone rang. He answered it and listened intently as a frantic voice spoke from the other end. I observed his eyed turn serious and he pressed his lips into a thin line.

"Yeah, I'll be there." And with that he hung up and looked at me, his eyes turning mischievous again.

"I'll see you soon,Raps." He said and rushed out but not before giving me a crooked grin that held a promise of trouble.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding as he disappeared out of my sight and looked at the iced tea in front of me and the cup of coffee next to it.