Chapter 43 : Please

" The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from strangers

betrayal is that
it never comes from
strangers. "

I sighed as I took off my apron, my shoulders aching but I still felt happy and excited. It was finally the last day of college before the vacation and the last day of working in the cafe.

The Brew was a small but very cute cafe a few minutes away from the Glasgow University that served the best Cranachans and traditional Scottish snacks that I've ever tasted since setting foot on the Scottish land.

I think I gained a few pounds since working here, not that I care much. The best thing was the smell. That damn smell. It made me salivate every time I thought about it.

"Look what we have." Mel grinned, showing me the money we collected, Ellie looking even more excited.

I flashed a big grin, "We did it."

"Thank you so much. I don't know what I would have done." Ellie choked out.

I waved a dismissive hand.

"When do you have to pay?" I asked her

"After the vacation."

I nodded, "Are you visiting your parents in New York?"

She hesitated, "I don't know," she replied weakly.

"It's fine if you're scared but just remember that they are your parents. And even if they're angry now it doesn't mean that they're going to be angry forever." I told her gently.

She nodded and gave me a small smile, "Anyway, what are you guys going to do now? I'm going to buy some Christmas presents."

"Az is picking me up," I replied,"What about you guys? Do you wanna join us?"

Mel shook her head, "I...uh..promised someone I'd get caramel shortbread and coffee with him."

"Ooh, it can't be a certain green eyed man, right?" I wiggled my brows as Ellie laughed looking at a very annoyed Mel.

"It may or may not be. But what I do know is that a certain blue eyed man looks like a puppy begging for attention right now."

I turned to see Az waving at me with a cheesy smile on his face. I laughed and waved back.

"And that's my cue. Mel, do you want me to accompany you till Zach reaches?" I questioned.

"Do I look like a two year old?"

"So you do admit that you're waiting for Zach, huh?" I smirked and flashed her a saucy wink.

She pretended to barf at my attempt at being sexy.

The audacity of this woman.

The next thing I know, I'm shoved towards Az who was still waiting patiently for me.