Chapter 35 : Insecure

"The hardest step we all must take  is to blindly trust  in who we are

"The hardest step
we all must take
  is to blindly trust
  in who we are."

- Atticus

You know the feeling when you're so happy to go to the beach and then it suddenly starts pouring like cats and dogs the moment step out to leave?

That's how I felt as soon as I saw Isabitch.

Not only had I been woken up quite rudely at the crack of dawn and now I had to bear her too?!

And then Her Majesty turned around and spotted me and I watched as she squinted her eyes, her lips twitching into a very fake smile.

"Grey, who invited her?" She tried to whisper to him, loudly enough that all of us except Az -who went to get our luggage- heard.

"What do you mean, Isa? She's Azrael's girl so she'll obviously be here." He deadpanned.

Ha.

"Ugh, whatever. I can't believe this, you guys do know that this is a friends only trip right? I mean, you don't see me bringing my current bitch and his cronies ." She said loudly, looking pointedly at Ellie and Mel.

Oh no she didn't. And current? Did that mean Az had lots of flings?

Nevertheless I gave her a bright, sarcastic smile, "Isabitch, what a bright ray of sunshine you are in the morning," I chirped.

"Cut the girl some slack, Will. She clearly isn't getting laid enough." Mel said quietly as she leaned against the car and swept her eyes up and down Isabella's form arrogantly. Ellie and the guys  laughed loudly and I too bit my lips to contain my grin as I noticed Isabella's cheeks redden in embarrassment.

Zach was practically drooling, watching Mel with dark eyes. My ship's sailing.

Chase was drooling too. Ew.

"And who the hell are you, sidekick?" She spat, her tone laced with poorly concealed disgust.

"Melantha," she paused and gave her a wolfish grin, "Mikael. It's been a while, hasn't it? The last time I saw you, you were still warming my brother's bed."

Oh. The tea is piping hot.

Isabella turned sickly pale, "You're Kieran Mikael's sister?" She asked. 

Ah, yes. Kieran Mikael, the most popular guy in our high school and two years older then us. It was not surprising to know that Isabitch had slept with him. With his platinum blonde hair and beautiful aqua eyes, the guy was nothing short of a model and now he was pilot.

Yep, their family had good genes. Good looks and brains.

"Unfortunately for you, yes."

I tuned out the rest of the conversation as a large hand wrapped around my stomach and pulled me into a firm chest. I twisted around to meet ocean coloured eyes that looked down at me with so much love. His lips pulled up in a breathtakingly beautiful smile and I smiled back at him.