10 | Stag & Black Dog

Christmas holidays approached quickly but Professor Lupin has still not returned El's map, she was growing agitated and impatient for

Christmas holidays approached quickly but Professor Lupin has still not returned El's map, she was growing agitated and impatient for. She would daily go to his office secretly and ask for the map and would get a no for an answer.

"I knew there was something fishy about that man." She said grumpily now sitting in the ravenclaw common room as always with her friends.

"Comeon its just a map, chill out." Sam said.

"Its not just a map, we can trace anyone on the grounds of Hogwarts." El said remembering that she read Peter Pettrigrew's name on the map. Her eyes grew wide in realising what if the Professor had something to do with the man thats why he is not returning the map. She didnt know how to tell this information to her friends.

She instantly got up leaving the common rook startling her friends. She stopped in the mid track on thinking what would she even say to the professor. She let out a groan clutching to her hair in frustration.

"Insolent brat." She heard the cold voice mutter passing past her. His black flying cloak slapped on her face.

"Dumbledore can never hire sane Professors." She muttered going back to the common room.

***

A week later students stood ready in the great hall to leave for the christmas holidays. After having the last feast in the great hall the students hoarded on the train.

The platinum trio sat in the compartment they always used to sit. Sam and El sat together while Dan opposite to them whith all the pets beside him.

"I am amazed how the time is passing so quickly." Sam said closing her book.

"Literally." Dan said agreeing.

"And we'll be back soon too." El said.

"What are you doing on christmas, any plans?" Dan asked glancing at both his friends.

"Ed said he will take me to a muggle place, sort of theme park he said and you?" El said nonchalantly.

"I have to visit my sisters." Dan said making a annoyed face. Their attention quickly drifted to Sam who was awfully quite, looking outside the window with a frown, her eyes glued to the snow on the edges of the window.

El and Dan knew she hated christmas because her mother wouldnt be there ever again. Her home doesnt feels home without her mum. Her mother was killed in the knockturn alley in their first year by a group of death eaters.

Sam had only her father and elder brother left in her family. Her brother was barely home because of work and her father was an emotionless git.

"Sam did Mr. Jones allow you to come to my house?" El asked shaking her slightly by shoulder. Sam would usually spend her vacations at either El's or her great aunt's home.