17 | Greyback

A week passed since Harry's birthday, August started, and El was the most excited human being on the planet about the quidditch world cup.

Ed managed to get the tickets on time for himself and El. Daphne wouldnt go, as she was busy in her press and also wasnt much fan of the game.

The next day was the quidditch world cup and tonight she couldnt sleep. Ed told they will be going by a portkey with one of his friends from the ministry.

El will be meeting Dan there, who will come with his sister who herself is a quidditch enthusiast. Sam wont come because she is with her great aunt and im France. Poor girl.

"El go to sleep if you want to go tomorrow." Daphne called from downstairs as she could see the lights of her daughter's room were still on.

In an moment the lights were switched off and everyone slept. El waiting eagerly for tomorrow.

***

In the morning it was all hustle and bustle in the osborne house. El woke up late as usual, despite having multiple alarms. Daphne running here and there preparing breakfast for her husband and daughter before they leave.

Ed was the most punctual one, as he sat fully ready on the couch reading daily prophet, and Dynamite in front of him having milk from her bowl.

 "Eleanor Dawn Osborne get down this instant." Daphne called.

Meanwhile El inside her room was struggling with her hair, such messy hair wont tie up easily. She huffed and took her comb and shoes with her downstairs and sat on the breakfast table beside Ed.

"Mum fancy tying my hair for me?" El asked cheekily. Daphne shook her her head and started combing her hair while El quickly ate breakfast.

"Ed when we leave?" El asked munching her toast.

"15 minutes." He replied.

"And who are we going with?" She asked.

"Diggorys, you must know a Diggory maybe a few years older than you." Ed said. El thought about the familiar name.

"He's in maybe hufflepuff or ravenclaw, everyone calls him pretty boy, all the girls are after him." El said rolling her eyes.

"Do you like him?" Daphne asked excitedly. El and Ed exchanged deadpanned glances.

"Ew no." El said with a disgusted      face.

"Why?" Daphne asked.

"There's nothing to like in him." El said pulling a face.

"What, you just said he is handsome, all the girls are after him and also he is a few years older than you, and if he is a ravenclaw, then Best." Daphne said gushing.

"Love stop, Ellie is way too young for all this." Ed said smiling at El, and gaining a cheeky grateful smile.

"Fine, go now its almost time." Daphne said looking at the clock.

El and Ed quickly finished the breakfast and got up to leave after giving a hug to Daphne. Ed said the place Portkey was very far away. El groaned and insisted him to apparate them. Ed apparated them to the place to find his ministry friend Diggory already standing there with his son.