Ch 17: Project Part 1

Alex's POV:

I'm finally done with my last class and lets just say, I think the teachers are having a horrible day. The amount of homework is ridiculous. I've got four chapters and the project with Theo. Luckily, my brother has practice so he won't be able to give me the third degree on where I'm going. I walk to my locker to grab all my books and stuff. While I close my locker, Allison walks over to me.

"Please tell me that you're going to Theo's to work on a project or something?" I look at her strange and we start walking to my car.

"I'm going over to work on a business project why?" We get to my car and get in. I wait for her to start talking about why she suddenly asked me a kinda random question.

"I got partnered with Carter on a project and I am literally dreading it! It's ridiculous. I wanted to just work on it in the library or something but he was like no I can't, I'm only free at after school. It's ridiculous. I was about to say no and just tell the teacher I'd take a zero and he said that Theo was having you over and I guess they live together so I agreed to go as long as you're there." I'm surprised that she actually was willing to risk her grade for that. Yes shes not exactly a brainiac but she does need good grades in order to compete and cheer.

"I didnt know that they live together. I'm going over around three or four. Do you want to just ask Carter if that's a good time for him as well?" I start my car and start driving her back to her house and myself to mine. Once I drop her off, I drive home. No ones home, so I just grab an apple and go to my room. I start working on some homework and end up losing track of time. Next thing I know, my phone is ringing and its Allison.

"Hey Allison what's up?" I continue to work on a few questions.

"Where are you? It's almost 3:30 and I dont want to be late."

"I thought you didnt want to go." I finish my one question and then put it away.

"Okay relax, I was just doing homework and lost track of time. I'm on my way right now." We say our good byes and I grab my stuff I'll need for the project. I make my way to the car and then to Allison's. She tells me the address and I put it in my GPS. It's a good thirty or so minutes away so we may be a little late. We pull in and I hear Allison take a deep breath.

"Lets just get this over with." I follow her out of the car and we walk to the front door. We don't have to wait long, a younger carbon copy of Carter walks out.

"Hello ladies, what have I done to deserve such gorgeous women at my door step?" It was probably the cutest flirting I have ever personally experienced.

"Hey, do you know if Carter or Theo are here? Were supposed to be working on a project together right now." His little smile drops a bit and he lets out a small sigh.

"Ya unfortunately, they live here. But how about we forget them and we get to know each other." He says with an attempted wink. I go to respond but I guess Allison is getting tired of waiting and just wants to get this over with because she interrupts me.

"Look I don't mean to be rude or anything but could you please just get your brother. I really just want to get this project over with." He lets out a small laugh and turns his body a bit more towards her.

"Carter has annoyed you that much already? Ha and he said I was annoying well at least I don't have a pretty girl wanting to get out of my sight. He and Theo went on a run. Something about needing to calm down. They should be back any minute. Do you guys want to stay and wait with me or I could just tell them you guys came and left?" I look at Allison assuming we will be leaving since she's not exactly a big fan of this idea.

"They have one minute before we leave. If they were going to go on a run then they should've told us and then we could've come later." I can tell she's a bit annoyed. We follow him inside and he gives us a tiny tour. We end up in Theo's room and just end up sitting in his living room area in the room. Allison and I decide to just work on the projects in here and we start getting stuff out. By the time we have everything out, Theo and Carter walk into the room.

"Oh you guys are in here. We figured you were here since we saw your car but didn't know where you guys were. Obviously you've met Caleb, Carter's little brother." Theo walks into his closet to get a change of clothes, leaving us with just Carter and his brother Caleb.

"Caleb, you can leave." It doesn't take twice for Caleb to get up and leave. Allison and I say our goodbyes to Caleb as he leaves the room. A few seconds after he's out of the room, Theo walks back in.

"So Im guessing you guys are okay with working on this." The guys start to get their stuff out. Allison and Carter decide to do separate research then compare what they find. Theo and I decide to do the same. We all start working on the projects in complete silence. I look at Allison and she seems really focus, so I pull out my AirPods and put them in. I keep working for a minute or so after and then I notice that Theo's staring.

"I can take my AirPods out if they're distracting you. I just didn't like the silence."

"Oh no it's fine, I was just curious about what you were listening to." I feel bad about talking while Carter and Allison work, so I asked Theo if we could go talk somewhere else in his room. Apparently, his room has another little lounge area so we go into that and close the door. This is going to be interesting.