Ch 51: The Trial

Alex's POV:

I didn't stay over at Theo's last night. It was hard for me to look at him. I know that he was worried that Sean would then hurt me or Alison, but I don't understand how they could just decide to hurt Sean. They've known since they were really young and then just one sentence and he was ready to end any relationship they had. After the warriors took Sean away, Xavier finally let me go. I told him I needed space and that I didn't know how I felt about what I witnessed. Theo looked like someone hit him where the sun didn't shine but he nodded and lead me out to my car. I appreciate that he didn't push me. I was getting ready to head to Theo's when I ended up running into Dylan. We haven't been in a room together since I found out he cheated on Allison. 

"Hey?" I look at him and realized he was at least trying. 

"Hey." I saw him release his breath. I guess he was unsure about how this would go. To be fair, I wasn't really sure how it would go anyways. 

"How was your one singular conversation with our parents?" I couldn't help but laugh a little. He's not wrong. When our parents come into town you get one conversation then they're gone again. 

"It was interesting. I introduced them to Theo. They did their third degree and interrogation." Dylan started laughing. 

"How did that go?" As he kept laughing. 

"Actually pretty well. Theo actually shocked our father into silence." Dylan immediately stopped laughing and looked at me with the most serious face I'd ever seen. 

"How?" This time it was my turn to laugh. After a few minutes, I stopped and realized he was extremely serious. 

"Not that it matters, but Theo's family owns 'Daniels Power'." I looked at Dylan and noticed he looked shocked. I waved my hand in front of his face and nothing. I looked at the time and noticed that there were only a few hours before Sean's trial. "DYLAN!" That seemed to get him to snap out of it. 

"His family is 'Daniels Power'? As in one of the richest families and the biggest oil company?"  I shook my head. Of course, he knows that. 

"Yes and now you will keep quiet about it. He told me and our parents in confidence and I expect you to keep it to yourself." He went to say something but I stopped him. "Dylan. You owe me. You cheated on my best friend and your girlfriend. I'm only asking you for one thing." He looked at me and then just nodded his head. "Thank you. I've got to run. Will you be home later?" 

"No, I've got stuff going on with the team." I just nodded and made my way out. I went and got into my car. Then made my way to Theo's. It didn't take long for me to get to Theo's house. Just as I was pulling in, Theo was coming out. I don't really know how he knew I was here. I forgot to text him that I was on my way. I parked my car and was grabbing stuff when Theo came over and opened my door. He looked a little rough and like he didn't sleep. I hugged him and he instantly hugged me back. 

"Thank you for giving me space. Everything kinda just shocked me yesterday so thank you for the space." He just nodded and moved his nose deeper into my neck. We stood like that for a few minutes before he finally let me go. Theo grabbed my stuff and we made our way into the house. "How is this trial going to work? Have you ever had a trial in the whole werewolf world?" Theo just kept walking until we got to his room. He set my stuff down and then lead me over to his small lounge area. 

"The truth is we've never done a trial. A threat against a mate is almost always immediately handled. Male werewolves don't tend to take any threat, big or small, against their mate as jokes. We're going to set it up just like a regular human trial. However, humans have random jury people. We'll be using the pack elders and other high-ranked members of the pack." I nodded my head as I listened. 

"When does the trial start?" Theo took a deep breath and then looked at the clock. 

"We should probably get ready to go now. It starts in about twenty minutes." I nodded and got up with him. Theo took my head and lead the way. After a short walk, we walked into a large living room that appeared to have been reorganized. It was set up like a real courtroom but without the traditional furniture. The were couches in place of chairs and no jury box area. Instead, there was a long table in front of everything with seats. Theo lead us to a seat and not long after, some more people joined us. 

"We're going to listen to Sean and then I'll go up and speak. After me, Carter will also go up. There's a chance that you or Allison may have to go up as well." I must've looked confused because Theo just continued. "The threat was technically against you two. It would mainly be to see if either of you gave him a reason to threaten you and how you were affected." I just nodded. I was about to speak when suddenly, I noticed that Allison and Carter were finally there. They made their way over to where we were sitting and joined us. We were chatting and just catching up when suddenly everyone goes silent and incomes Sean. He takes his seat and then the pack elders came in and took their seats. Everyone was quiet for a minute and then the elders knocked on the table. 

"Let the trial begin."