Ch 37: The Actual Talk

Alex's POV: 

After watching Theo shift, a million things are racing in my head. I know I should be scare but for some reason, I feel safe and like the connection we have is stronger because he is no longer lying to me. I went to sit on the bed to let him know, that I know I'm safe with him. I sit there and wait for him to come back. I expect him to start talking but he just waits for me to say something. I think about how this should go. I think of how my parents would handle this. they would get all the facts and then start asking questions after knowing everything, So that is exactly what I will do. 

"I would like you to tell me everything you know and then ask some questions after that if that's okay?" Theo smiles and nods his head. He clears his throat and then he begins. 

"Werewolves had been around since the beginning of man. We don't know everything from there but just as humans have speculated about how they lived back then, we have done the same. We live pretty normal lives, like humans. However, there are a few differences. Werewolves are stronger, faster, and healthier than humans. We also live in packs. We have our own form of government in each pack. Every pack has an alpha, beta, gamma. They are the ones in power basically. The alpha is in charge a majority of the time. However, if something comes up, the beta would be in charge. When the beta is busy, the gamma is in charge. Otherwise, the gamma just handles the pack training. I will be the alpha once my mate and I are ready. A mate is a soulmate. Every wolf has one. They were quite literally made for each other. Mates are stuck together forever. The only way to get away from it would die. Other than that, everyone lives a pretty regular life. We go to school, get jobs, start families. Nothing is different other than the fact, we can shift into wolves." Once he finished explaining, I couldn't believe I'm having this conversation. After a minute, I think I finally have my head wrapped around everything, and I'm ready to ask my questions. 

"I have three questions. Can you look like how they look on teen wolf? Who's your mate and shouldn't you be with her? Why did you lie to me for so long?" I could tell my first question was kinda ridiculous with his reaction. When he heard it, he just let out a snort and shook his head. However, after hearing my other questions, those got his attention. 

"No, we can't look like they do on teen wolf. You've seen my only form. We can't do anything other than shift into wolves. If you want to refer us to a tv show, I would recommend the show wolfbloods. It's a pretty good representation other than the fact, there are no wild ones. There are rouges but they live normal lives just not in pack territories. I think a majority actually live in Arizona. That's the only unclaimed territory that I know of. Any others try to stay away from packs and those who don't are dealt with." I just nod my head taking everything in. "Now onto your other questions. My mate is an amazing person. She is beautiful, kind, and intelligent." I don't know why but hearing him talk about this person made me feel sad. I'm glad he's happy but I'm sad it's not with me. "And you're right about how I should be with her. So here I am." I take a minute to process what he just said. 

"You mean I'm your mate???" I don't think to vie ever sounded so unsure in my whole life.

"Yes, you are my mate. I'm sorry I never told you sooner, but I was scared if I did, you wouldn't want anything to do with me. If you've noticed, I'm not exactly the easiest to handle." I let out a sigh and smirk. Time for payback. 

"I don't know if I can be mates with someone who cant tell me the truth maybe it would be better if you just le..." I didn't even get to finish my sentence before he was on his knees with his arms wrapped around me crying. 

"Pleaseeeee don't say it. Please I need you! I'm sorry I never told you the truth. It'll never happen again. I'll tell you everything. what do you want to know? when I was around the age of five, I blamed sean for eating half my cake when it was really me. when I was eight, I got into my first fight. when I was ten, I had my first kiss because I played spin the bottle. I wanted to wait for you but I couldn't say no in front of all the older kids. oh, and when I was younger being potty trained, my mom used to have to use those cat laser lights so I would aim in the....." I ended up cutting him off with my laughing. He stopped and looked absolutely shocked. 

"I wasn't going to make you leave and I wasn't going to leave you. But next time. Just tell me. I'd rather you be honest than lie to me. Even if I may be hurt at first. Theo immediately starts to nod as he wipes the tears away. "I do have a few other questions though as well." Theo smiles and nods his head. "If I'm your mate, what do we tell people at school? Also, if we're soulmates, that means you'd never cheat on me right?" Theo smiles and I think that's my new favorite thing. 

"In school and to the human world, were boyfriend and girlfriend. Everyone in the werewolf world knows or would assume you're my mate. As for the cheating question. Why would I ever cheat on you? you're absolutely perfect and I don't think I could've gotten a better mate than you." With that, I leaned in to kiss him but suddenly there was a knock on the door. Theo let out a small growl and I couldn't stop myself from laughing and falling back into my bed. Theo mumbles something and then we make our way downstairs. Only to find a nervous-looking Sean waiting for us.