Ch 43: Xavier's First Day

Theo's POV: 

I woke up to someone poking my face. I tried my best not to let her know I'm awake. After a minute of her poking me, I finally gave in. I moved my head suddenly and when she went to poke me again, I opened my mouth and playfully nipped at her finger. She let out a giggle and tried to push away from me. I just held my grip on her waist and kissed her forehead. I can't believe this is my forever. 

"Theo you have to let me up. I have to get ready for school." She keeps trying to push away from me. 

"It's so early, can't we just stay like this forever?" I hear her let out a small giggle even though she's trying to look mad. She kept struggling for another five minutes when she suddenly stopped. 

"If you don't let me up, I won't stay over here on school nights anymore." I looked her in the eyes and noticed she was dead serious. I let her go and she went to get ready. I was hoping I could fall asleep again. Today the only thing I had to do to be ready, was shift, get a harness put on, and eat my breakfast. Hopefully not in that order. I tried to fall asleep for maybe another five minutes before I realized I couldn't. I begrudgingly got out of bed and walked into the kitchen. I made some cereal and ate a bunch. Alex must've just finished getting ready because she walked in and had the whole set she picked out for me yesterday. She gave me a look and I just nodded. I walked back upstairs and shifted. Once I got back downstairs, I saw Sean was in the kitchen with Alex. Once Sean saw me walk in, you could practically see the enjoyment on his face. I rolled my eyes and made a mental note to get him back for this again. Alex noticed and walked over to me with a big smile. She started to put the stuff on me and once she finished, she kissed my nose and walked back towards Sean. 

After they finished, we got into Sean's car and he drove us to school. The whole car ride, Sean and Alex were talking. I wanted to be able to be involved too, but whenever I mind linked Sean to mention something, he just ignored it. By the end of the car ride, I was over this already. As they were getting out of the car, Alex opened the door for me. As she was putting my leash on, she kissed my snout a few times and then told me I had to keep Xavier in check. After the kisses, Xavier seemed perfectly content so I really doubted he'd start up a fuss right now at least. As we walked into school, I stayed by her side and noticed everyone was looking at us. It makes sense though, I'm not exactly a small wolf, and I'm definitely not even a large dog. I followed Alex to her locker and sat there as she was getting her stuff. She was just about finished when a random guy walked over to us. I could tell it startled her because she moved a bit closer to me. I wonder if it's the mate bond or if it's because she knows we'd protect her no matter what. 

"Hey Alex, I don't know if you know me? We used to be in the same biology class our freshman year." I felt Alex touch the tip of my left ear and I looked at her. I don't think she even realized she's doing it. I just shrug it off and start to try and calm Xavier down. He's not liking another guy so close to our mate. 

"Ya I thought you looked familiar, I couldn't think of where I knew you from though." The guy just nodded and stood there awkwardly for a minute before he opened his mouth again. 

"I umm was wondering what's going on with you and the Theo guy." I couldn't stop Xavier and I let out a growl. The guy immediately jumped back and I could practically feel Xavier puffing his chest out with pride. Alex just laughed and bent down. She whispered in our ear about how I needed to calm down and that he was just being harmless and that she was ours. She then gave us a peck on the nose and stood back up. 

"Theo and I are boyfriend and girlfriend. Why?" The guy started to look more nervous. 

"I was just wondering. You know he's from our rival school right? I just didn't think you'd betray our school like that and wanted to prove my group of friends wrong. I mean, after all, your brother alone has had a pretty big rivalry with their school." I noticed that once he said that, Alex seemed kinda mad. 

"First off I'm not betraying my school. I'm doing what makes me happy. And I don't see how that's any of your business at all. Who I see or don't see is no one's business but my own." With that, she turned and walked away. She actually ended up yanking me lightly in the process. She must've been really mad because she didn't stop until we were in homeroom. Once we were, she loosed the collar and rubbed my neck. "I'm sorry for yanking you. I was just so mad." I understood and she has no clue how I want to just wrap my arms around her and comfort her. Since I can't do that, I just kept nudging her leg until she hugged me. She hugged me until homeroom started and then I had to be a 'good boy' and tolerate all the other dogs around me. Luckily since I'm an alpha, I was able to get them to leave me alone. I don't know how Xavier would've reacted if they didn't leave us alone. 

The day flew by and I have never shown so much restraint in my entire life. The whole day, people would come up and make comments about how Alex was betraying the school by being with me. One guy even offered to take her "off my hands" for the "sake of the school." He's lucky Alex had a hold of my collar at the time because if he didn't, I probably would've attacked him. Once school was over and we were finally in the car, I heard Alex let out a long sigh. I had a feeling today would probably take a lot out of her. Sure we had a lot of fun and I enjoyed being with her the whole day, but she also had to deal with everyone commenting about us. I actually lost track after the twentieth kid came over to talk to her about it. Luckily, being alpha has its perks. While in our last class, I came up with an idea to help Alex relax after today. I mind-linked my mom and asked her if she'd set it up for me. It took a little convincing but after agreeing that I'd introduce her to my mate soon, she agreed and got to work. I just really hope Alex likes my idea.