Ch 45: Meeting the Parents

Theo's POV: 

After getting everything set for Alex, I followed behind her and made sure she was heading to our room. Once I knew she was about to go in, I bolted back downstairs. I walked outside and ran into Sean. 

"What are you doing out here? I thought you and Alex would be doing something. Leaving me all alone by my lonesome self. Even Carter is always gone now." I rolled my eyes as Sean tries to do a puppy dog pout. 

"I asked my mom to set stuff up for Alex since today was really stressful for her. I figured I'd give her some time to herself and let her enjoy it." I kept walking and then I noticed that I heard a set of footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Sean. I sighed. "Yes, Sean?" 

"Where are you heading?" 

"I figured since Alex would be busy I would go for a run and check around the territory and let Xavier have some fun." 

"Oh, can I come?" He then started his second failed attempt at a puppy dog pout. I sighed. He might as well. It won't hurt anything. 

"Alright, but don't annoy Xavier. He's already on edge about leaving Alex for an hour or so." Sean eagerly nodded his head and kept walking with me. We shifted into our wolves and started running. After running the perimeter and checking everything out, I let Xavier have control and let him run off some steam. After about two or three hours, we made our way back and shifted. 

Sean and I said our goodbyes and we then went our separate way. As I was walking upstairs to our room, I started hearing my mate talking to someone. Once I walked in, I found my mate laying on our bed talking on the phone in one of my shirts and a pair of leggings. I couldn't help but smile at the sight. I don't know what I did to deserve this for the rest of my life. I walked into our room and sat down on the bed beside my mate. I guess she didn't hear me enter because when she felt the bed dip she looked over shocked to see me. I smiled and leaned down and kissed her forehead. She blushed and motioned for me to give her five minutes. I nodded and got up to go to the bathroom. By the time I finished, I walked in and noticed Alex was off the phone and looking for something. I plopped down on the bed while she was looking for stuff. Once she found her clothes from school, she went to the bathroom to change. It wasn't long before she came back. She walked over and stood in between my legs with my hands on her waist. I looked at her and waited for her to talk. She took a deep breath and then began. 

"How would you feel about meeting my parents?" She looked really nervous about asking. I just smiled. 

"I would love to meet your parents. Why wouldn't I want to meet them?" She looked so relieved after I told her that. 

"Well my parents can be quite a lot and I know you said that this is forever and what not, but I wasn't sure how you'd feel being that this is so new." 

"I would've been fine with meeting your parents the first day we meet. I will do whatever makes you happy. Now I'm guessing since you changed that means we're going right now?" 

"If that's okay with you. If you don't want to meet them right now, I can tell them you were busy. I don't mind. I don't want to rush anything." I just laugh a little and give her a quick peck then go and change into something a little more presentable. When I came back, I found her on her phone waiting for me. Once she saw I was ready, she got up and we started to her house. 

We pulled into her driveway and I noticed her brother's car wasn't here. She parked the car and we got out. While we were walking up to her house, I noticed she was starting to get nervous again. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous either but her knowing that wouldn't help the situation. I took her hand in mine and smiled at her. She took a deep breath and then opened the door. Once we were in, I was shocked. Both parents had all their work all over and were working like crazy. Her father was on the phone and her mother was looking at a bunch of papers. It took a good ten minutes before they even realized we were there. Once they did, I had a feeling this was going to be interesting.