Ch 52: Guilty or Innocent

Theo's POV: 

Once Sean entered the make-shift courtroom, Xavier was immediately on edge. He instantly began growling in the back of my head and pacing. I looked over at Carter and noticed that he also seemed to be having a hard time controlling his wolf. Alex must've noticed something was off because she took hold of my hand and held it. I looked over at her and noticed she looked a bit worried. I kissed her on her forehead and then pulled her into me. Allison must've done something to help Carter calm down because he seemed to have control over his wolf once again. I was completely distracted with my mate when suddenly the elders began to speak. 

"Let the trial begin." Everyone in the room had given their full attention to the elders and we were now all waiting for what was going to happen. "As many of you know, we typically do not have trials and this is the first to commence. We are here as the future luna requested a trial before the future alpha could declare the punishment of Gamma Sean. Does anyone have a problem with that?" The elders looked around the room before someone spoke up. 

"Why are we taking orders from a human? As you said, we don't normally have trials and we've survived just fine. Why must we now?" It was just a pack member, I've heard of him. He tends to think that females should be seen and not heard. I didn't even bother to control Xavier. I let him take full control and within seconds he had him pinned to the closest wall. 

Xavier's POV: 

"Do you have anything else you'd like to say against your future luna?" I will not have anyone speaking ill of my mate. Not to mention, she is the luna of this pack and she will be respected! I kept waiting for a response but I didn't get any. "That's what I thought. Now, are we done here?" He nodded his head rapidly so I dropped him. I looked towards the elders and nodded. They nodded back and I made my way back to my mate. Once I was sitting, I grabbed my mate and pulled her onto my lap. The elders waited a minute and then began again. 

"Now that that's been handled, we are here to hear both sides of the story and then go from there." They motioned for Sean to take center stage and he did. He then began to start talking once again. I ignored him as he talked. I just kept my mate in my arms, tightly secured. After Sean finished, they motioned for beta to take the stands. 

"Beta Carter, if you wouldn't mind. We would like your side and what you witnessed." Beta nodded and then began. 

"Well, it all began when the gamma found out that I also found my mate. The alpha already had found his mate so it was just gamma and I who didn't have a mate at the time. But gamma did not know that I did have my mate at the same time. I kept it to myself because we had a bit of work to do before I could claim her as my mate. Anyways, not long after, gamma found my mate and me in a compromising position. He then proceeded to call alpha and luna and they came. After they arrived, it was brought to my attention that both alpha and luna knew of our relationship. That is then when gamma stormed off. That was the last I heard of until alpha mind linked me to his threat to our mates. I then met alpha, luna, and gamma in one of the lounges. Luna then got alpha off of gamma and I took him to the cells and that's where he remained until today. Which is when he was brought to this room for his trial." Everyone nodded and beta was told to return to his seat. 

"Thank you, Beta Carter. Can we please have Alpha Theo join us next?" I gave mate a hug and sat her in my chair. I made my way to the chair in the center and sat. I waited for the elders to ask me a question but instead, they just cleared their throats. "Excuse me Alpha Xavier, but we asked for Alpha Theo." I let out a growl and they immediately submitted. 

"I am your alpha. My mate was threatened. I will handle it as I see fit. My human would not have a mate if not for me. This is a matter for me. MY MATE! MY CHOICE!" They all nodded their head. 

"You may begin when you're ready Alpha Xavier." I nodded. 

"My mate and I received a call from gamma. We went and found beta and his mate in a compromising position. Gamma stormed off. Once gamma calmed down, gamma asked to speak to me and mate. Gamma then started talking about how he felt left out and how he left because he thought he would hurt my mate or beta's mate. I called for beta. I told beta and had gamma sent to the cells. I would've handled his punishment myself but my mate talked me out of it. Now we are having this trial." The elders nodded and I made my way back to mate. I sat down and then the elders began talking to themselves. After a while, the elders spoke to the group again. 

"Gamma Sean has not only willingly announced he thought he was a threat to the future luna and future beta female, but he also said it to the mates of those threatened. As such we, the pack elders, feel it's necessary to revoke gamma's status within the pack. He will also spend two weeks in the cells in isolation where he will see the pack doctor to determine why he felt it necessary to attack high-ranked members' mates. After his two weeks in the cells, he may return to pack life. He may earn his former rank back after five years. Until then, the delta will be acting gamma and the delta's right-hand assistant will be acting delta." Everyone nodded and began to leave. Gamma was taken away once again. Mate and I were the last to leave and we made our way back to our room.