Ch. 26 part 1

I rolled over with a groan and glanced at Nate's clock to see that it was 3am. He was still asleep so I slipped out of bed and went to my room to get ready to leave.

My bags were already packed and sitting on the bed so all I had to do was change.

I put on a black tank top and dark wash jeans while I went through my remaining clothes. There in the back of the pile of clothes sitting in my closet I found a short sleeved grey Nike shirt.

I shrugged it on wincing when I hit a couple bruises, and grabbed a sweat shirt to stuff into my back pack.

By time I was done I heard a knock on my door. I saw Nate standing looking sleepy but dressed also.

He pushed past me slowly and came into my room.

“Where's your sling?" he asked seeing it not on my arm. I shrugged, “I don't know... it's probably in my closet..." I mumble sitting on my bed.

He grunts and starts going through my messy closet. A few minutes later he finds it hidden under a pile of socks.

“I really don't understand how you can be this messy?" he chuckled. I smiled softly and held my arm up so he could fasten it onto my arm.

When it was secure we sat in silence leaning on each other.

I almost fell asleep again, that is until Tony burst into my room without knocking. He held a well bundled up Mina in his arms laughing.

I rolled my eyes at him and stood up groggily.

I tugged Nate up and we both each took a bag of mine. We followed Tony as he sang nursery rhymes with his own little twist to them.

By the time we got to the huge underground garage I wanted to tell him to go row his own boat somewhere else.

We through my bags into a black suv and I stood by the right passenger door. Nate pulled me into a hug and I squeezed him tightly.

I could tell he wanted to kiss me, but my dad was standing there burning holes into the side of his head. So he settled for a kiss on the cheek.

He stood back as my dad gathered me up into a hug. I sniffled and buried my head into his shoulder. He planted several kisses onto the side of my head before letting go.

“Please be good, and take the medicine your doctor prescribe, and call me every night before you go to bed. Ummmm.... don't forget to day your prayers..."

I giggled knowing that my dad wasn't a very religious man.

“I won't forget Daddy." I promised. I smiled seeing his eyes soften a little.

I forced myself to turn and get into the back seat before I dropped to my knees and clutched his legs like I would do when I was little.

He closed the door and stood back next to Nate as an agent pulled out of the parking lot.

At the last second I looked back and saw Nate hold up his hand and wave.

I bit my lip hard and looked down at my lip.

.

.

.

“Holy.... What is this?" I asked bewildered at the reporters screaming and taking pictures. Their flashes were blinding me the more I looked.

“Tony's own personal entourage..." Pepper answered disdainfully. I nodded and turned to Mina in her car seat.

She was sucking on her small fist still asleep, thankfully. I helped Pepper flip the sun shade up and throw a pink fluffy blanket over her.