Ch.46

Don't get mad at me for this chapter. It really goes along with Nessa, and Nate becoming more mature. I feel like Nate has matured a lot but Nessa has not really had enough experience to do so. Right now in the story line she would be 17 and I know I keep moving the ages up and this I'll most likely be the last time. So let me know how you guys are liking it in the comments.

And thanks to Mae_the Force. You're awesome! And Greekmythologynerd, you're awesome!

For three days the princess lay in a comatose state in the healers ward of the palace. The Titan King Nathan only left her side to pay a visit to her adoptive father on earth. It turns out that Nick Fury did not want her to come back after the summer was over.

It was too dangerous with the fact that Hydra had been uncovered within the depths of SHIELD. He wanted her put of harms way and for now that was on Asgard or on Titan with him. Now if only she would wake up.

Nate sat at her bedside holding onto her hand tightly. He was constantly checking her for any signs of waking up, but the unnatural state of silence from her remained. It was unnerving for him, so he got up and took a walk around the palace gardens.

While he stood and gazed at the exotic plants that populated the place he sensed someone and turned around. His face was still blank when he saw Loki standing behind him.

Nate still did not entirely trust Loki but for Nessa' s sake he tried to be civil around him, and he could tell the feelings were mutual. “Have you thought about my request?" Nate asked finally breaking the slightly hostile silence.

Loki sat down on the stone bench that rested by the water without saying a word. “I have, but in recent events I don't think that it is the best time." Loki told him with a monotone voice. Nate's anger flared and he scowled at Loki.

“Why is it that you think of me as my father. I am nothing like him! I have worked hard to build up my kingdom the one he destroyed. So why is is that you will not let me marry your daughter?" Nate burst.

“I would never hurt Nessa, and if I'm not correct wasn't it you had nearly destroyed a city and killed scores of people?" he shot. “I don't know what else I'm supposed to do to make you see that I'm good for Nessa. I love her!"

Loki was surprised but he didn't have the chance to respond because Nate clutched his head and groaned in pain. “Nessa..." He whispered before standing up painstakingly and running as fast as he could out of the garden.

Once he rounded the corner of the medical ward he saw a guard laying on the ground with blood pooling around his abdomen. This spurred him to hurry to Nessa's room.

Nate threw open the door and his anger nearly went through the roof. Thanos stood holding Nessa in his arms tightly while she screamed and thrashed around wildly.

His silver eyes met bright purple and he snarled. “Put her down." He barked while phasing into his larger form. The old titan smiled and reluctantly released Nessa onto the ground. She crawled away and rolled herself into a tight ball.

Nate flexed his muscles in anger and stared down the Titan. “Why have you come back here?" Nate demanded. Mother, we have a situation get down to the medical ward. He summoned his mother.

She would know how to finally kill the old bastard once and for all. Thanos coughed harshly and stepped towards his estranged son but Nate growled at him in warning that was clear. Another step and you die.

“As you can see.... My son. I am dying." He remarked mockingly. Nate ignored the my son part and focused on the dying part. “How." He barked.

Thanos rolled his eyes and looked at Nessa who sat trembling in the corner. Her eyes were shining with a vivid green in them like bright glowing gems. “She and her little powers have done something to my immortality. I must say I have vastly under estimated you." his last sentence was directed at Nessa.

She was now breathing hard and tears were streaming down her face. “I will kill you." she muttered lowly. Her voice was croaky and dry from not drinking any liquids in the past hour.

She struggled to her feet and used the adrenaline that was running through her veins to summon  the power that she felt building up in the pit of her stomach. Her inner voice was telling her to finally kill Thanos, but Nate's eyes told her to stop and let him handle this.

But she couldn't.

She ignored Nate, and threw a fire ball at Thanos. He easily dodged her but at the last second he stumbled out of the way. A bang distracted her from a second and she looked to see her father and Nate pushing against an invisible wall.

She turned back to Thanos and glared at him, he had successfully shut her off from any type of help. But she was going to finish this, either him or her.

Thanos took advantage of her momentary distraction and hoisted her up a good four feet off the ground by her neck. Why did she always have to be caught in a situation like this?

Trying not to freak out she calmed down and wrapped her significantly smaller hands around his big hands and started to burn them with her green fire. He roared with pain and instead of falling down when he let her go she grabbed onto his shoulders and swung herself around onto his shoulders.

She clung to his back as he swung around like a wild horse trying to get her off his back. But she surprisingly held on tight and wrapped her tiny arms around his neck. Once and for all she repeated to herself.

She placed her hands on his head and counted to ten before letting her powers flow through her. It was a sight to see her hand glow a bright green in contrast to Thanos' purple skin. His eyes slowly began to reverberate a bright green color and kept getting bright until you could no longer look.

Nessa closed her eyes and let herself work through his mind. She tried her best to ignore the horrible images of people dying and tried not to feel like an intruder as she began to destroy Thanos' mind.

Under her he was stiff and unable to move or disrupt her work. She went through his brain systematically and destroyed everything in hopes that no one ever would have to come under the wrath of someone so evil.

Then she got to one last memory, this was a different memory than all the others. It didn't feature death or destruction. But... normality. A baby with dark curly hair lay in a cradle. It was clothed in a diaper and nothing else. The baby gurgled and waved its hands about while looking intensely at Thanos.

Nessa looked closely at the baby's eyes and found them to be silver. Nate. Nessa left that memory and moved on. She would allow Thanos this one mercy, something he certainly would not have given her if the tables had been turned.

After destroying every last memory, and thought she pulled her hands away from his head releasing him. He shuddered before falling onto the ground. At the last second she clumsily flipped off and stumbled to her feet.

Now the adrenalin was gone and she felt like lead was running through her veins. She stood watching his body slowly shut down and finally die. This time forever.

She had just killed someone.... she had just taken a life. It was nothing she hadn't been prepared for by SHIELD as a child. But this was different. She could not just walk away from this like she had stepped on a bug.

Her emotions got to her and she broke down. First her lip trembled and then the fat tears ran down her face before she sunk to the ground and began sobbing uncontrollably. She pulled tightly at her hair and screamed through her tears from her internal pain.

This was not something that could be fixed with a band aid or medicine.

.

Loki watched as his little girl broke down in front of him and there was nothing he could do. He turned and watched closely as Death disposed of the body. She touched Thanos and spoke the ancient death rites before the body shimmered a gold and disappeared.

He turned back to Nessa and found Nate rocking her in his arms trying his best to sooth her pain filled cries. He turned around and exited the room knowing that only Nate could get through to her right now. 

He had to accept that what Nate had said earlier was true. He would have to get over it and finally let Nessa move on.