6. Too Much PDA

Christmas break felt short for the two young wizards, but they had enough time to spend with each other. Every time the adults brought them out for meals or to do some holiday shopping, the two would hold hands as if they were on a date. It was not hard for the parents to notice this detail at all, but their reaction turned out to be four supportive smiles. Draco and Hermione became closer than ever.

On the day of returning. King's Cross Train Station, platform 9 and 3/4. Four adults, two teenagers, and a few trunks. Draco was holding Hermione's hand. The two were chatting and giggling about something. Mrs. Granger interrupted them. "My dears? Are you two ready?" Hermione nodded at her mom, she gave her a hug. Draco does the same, politely, as he tries to blush without being noticed. Mr. and Mrs. Granger stood to the side, leaving the seemingly usual "wall" open for the wizards. They waved at the other four as they passed through it to get to the other side. 

The train was already there, waiting for the students to board and settle down. Andromeda and Ted stood near a boarding gate, gave Draco and Hermione one last hug, and then watched the two young wizards walk into an empty compartment. Hermione waved at them through the window. "Thank you for having my family over for the holidays!" She said, trying to have her voice reach Andromeda and Ted. Draco didn't say anything, he only smiled at her. 

A few loud honks, the screeching noises of the wheels, they were off to Hogwarts. 

The ride to school was very pleasant and enjoyable to say the least. Hermione and Draco talked about the little things that they're passionate about, shared delicious treats, and snuck in a few quick kisses here and there. Hermione fell asleep after a while, dozing away on Draco's shoulder. He just gazed at her with tender eyes. "My princess..." He murmured, hoping that Hermione didn't hear that. After a while, they arrived at Hogwarts. Draco gently woke Hermione. He thought to himself: she's so cute when she's asleep. They stepped out of the train hand in hand, and followed the others towards the main castle. Professor McGonagall greeted them at the entrance. "Welcome back to Hogwarts, we have dinner ready in the Great Hall. Enjoy yourselves." The gates cracked open. The smell of the delicious food filled up the huge space. Professor Dumbledore sat at the front, along with Professor Snape. "Before we begin the banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Vestra frui cibum! Thank you." Everyone grabbed something and munched in. Draco picked up a piece of chicken with his fork, he leaned over to Hermione. "Say ahh." Hermione blushed and opened her mouth. She tasted the chicken. "Mmm! It tastes really good!" He smiled. "Glad you like it." She playfully hit Draco's arm. "Will you stop being such a tease!" Her face was red, and it wasn't from the warmth of the room. The students that were sitting near them started to make funny noises. "Come on now you two, no need to get all lovey-dovey in front of all of us!" Someone said. Hermione buried her face in Draco's arm. "Oh stop it Draco!" She's embarrassed. Draco chuckled. "Okay okay, but you have to stop being so adorable." The other kids all jokingly went "ewww" at the two, which made Hermione cover her face with her hands. "Draco!" They all laughed. 

This wasn't the end of their PDA. 

In class, Draco would sit next to Hermione, he didn't interrupt any of her studies, instead he would just sit there and sneakily stare at her, sometimes he would draw little hearts on her parchment paper when she's taking notes. Hermione's notes would read: "The Summoning Charm (Accio) is a charm that ♡ summons an object towards ♡ the caster. " She would look at her note paper and blush. 

There was one time, in their Flying Class, Draco made it clear to the whole school that he and Hermione were together. The situation went like this. The students were tasked to ride their brooms and go around the field once. The instructions were "go low and steady". But obviously someone had to disobey that. It was Potter, the problematic one, in Draco's opinion. Madam Hooch only shook her head, there wasn't much that she could do, since Potter is a natural when it comes to flying on brooms. So she would just ignore him and focus on the other student's safety. Draco was also a natural, but he followed the instructions and flew side by side with Hermione, making sure that she's not going to fall. They went slow but they didn't care. Madam Hooch appreciated pupils like them, those two were never the ones in trouble. But Potter wasn't cool with this. "Hey Malfoy! Why are you going slower than a snail? I thought you had it in your blood! I mean I guess some bloodlines are just better than others am I right?" He laughed on his broomstick in mid-air. Draco pretended to be unbothered, but Hermione could tell that he was mad at the things that Potter said. "Draco... don't listen to him." She said, knowing that it won't help much. But she didn't expect Draco's response to be this. "Hmm... okay if you say that I shouldn't listen to him, then I won't! Potter, ignored. Hermione let's land, we have gone around the field once already." 

Everyone heard this sentence. 

Draco and Hermione touched the ground, and he held her hand a bit too tight. "Ow..." Draco noticed this immediately. He walked around to face Hermione. "I'm sorry! Did I hurt you?" She had a smile on her face. "Don't worry, I'm fine. Let's go sit down." She touched Draco's shoulder, and they went to sit on the bench. 

Now they all know. Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger... dating.