7. Butterbeer

[Time jump to their third year at Hogwarts]

Draco Malfoy, the Seeker of the Gryffindor quidditch team. And Hermione Granger, the brightest witch of her age. These two are dating. And they have been dating for a while now. At this point, everyone knew, including the professors.

The weekend was around the corner, and Draco wanted to do something special with Hermione. To be completely honest, any of their friends would say that Draco really cares for Hermione, and he does a lot for her too. He would try to take her on a date at least once a month (they have quite a bit of school work, you know). And Hermione would hand-make small gifts for him, like cookies and ornaments.

Someone mentioned the phrase "Hogsmeade this weekend" in front of Draco. He secretly thanked that person, because the perfect date idea came to his head. Only third year students with proper permissions are allowed to go to Hogsmeade on certain weekends, and this would be the first time for both of them. 

"Hermione!" Draco exclaimed as he walked into the Gryffindor common room. She was sitting all cozy on the couch by the fireplace, a book in her hand. "Draco!" She smiled back. Draco tossed his cloak on the couch and snuggled beside Hermione. He gave her a quick peck on the lips. Hermione blushed slightly. He extended his arm around her and pulled her into his embrace. Hermione giggled. "What have you been up to, mister?" She looked up at Draco. He gave her a mischievous smile. "Oh you know, just trying to impress my princess." Draco took the book from Hermione's hand. "And what do you have here?" To Draco's surprise, the book wasn't heavy. He turned the cover over. Common Herbs and Their Medical Properties, It read. He sighed. "Darling, sometimes you are just too smart, even for me." Draco shook his head playfully. Hermione took the book and placed it on the side table. She hooked her arms around her boyfriend's neck. "Well, to be fair, I don't understand a thing when you are talking about quidditch with the other guys." She gave him a peck on the cheek. "Oh right, I wanted to ask you something." Draco looked right into her eyes. "Yes my dear?" Hermione smiled. "Do you want to go to Hogsmeade this weekend? It's the first designated weekend of the school year, and I thought that we could go have some butterbeer and explore the town a bit." Draco made a sad noise. "I was planning on asking you that... damn it." He looked away and mumbled. He felt a soft kiss on his cheek. "Hermione..." She looked happy though. "Hey, I'm glad that we thought of the same date idea. This means that we know each other very well..." She gave him another peck on the lips. "... and I'm glad that you like the idea." She blushed. "Bloody heavens." Draco cursed under his breath. He pulled Hermione in and kissed her lips. Immature yet very sweet, something that both of them enjoyed. 

Time goes by fairly smoothly. It's Saturday. 

The two walked hand in hand in the town known as Hogsmeade. "There it is!" Hermione pointed excitedly. Following her finger, Draco saw three broomsticks hanging in the shape of a triangle above the entrance. They stepped inside the place. It seemed warm and welcoming, the smell of fresh butter surrounded them. Draco has already taken a liking to this place. Hermione found an unoccupied table in the corner, and they sat down. Moments later, a middle-aged wizard stood by their table. "Anything to drink?" To which Hermione answered. "Two butterbeers please." She looked over at Draco. "And one fish and chips. Thank you." The wizard noted their orders, and left. The two sat in a comfortable silence for a moment. Draco broke the silence. "Hermione?" She looked at him while sipping butterbeer. "Hmm?" Draco paused. "Oh... um you got something..." He pointed at his upper lip. "Oh!" Hermione blushed and turned away to wipe her mouth. Draco laughed softly as Hermione turned back to him, her face had the shade of a tomato. He pulled her face close to his, then he licked her lips. "Draco!" Hermione exclaimed quietly. She looked around, trying to make sure that no one saw that happening. Draco moved his hand from her face down to her waist, he had no intention of letting her go at this moment. "Don't worry darling, pretty much everyone here knows that we have been together since our first year." He positioned Hermione's head on his shoulders, and then proceeded to pick up a piece of chip with some ketchup on it. "Say ahh." Hermione opened her mouth, but Draco didn't give her the chip. Instead he held one end of the chip with his mouth and leaned in. Hermione had the other end. The distance between the two slowly decreased. A kiss. It tasted like warm potatoes. 

After a while, people see two Hogwarts students walk out of Three Broomsticks, hand in hand. The girl was blushing. 

Draco and Hermione spent the rest of the afternoon walking around Hogsmeade. Hermione bought a few chocolate frogs, a box of mysteriously flavored beans, and some other treats that Draco liked. 

After they got back to the Gryffindor tower, the two snuggled on the couch by the fireplace. Hermione in Draco's arms, enjoying his warmth. The date went well, Draco thought to himself. Happiness filled him up, and he hoped to stay like that.