2. Early Time

Time flashed back to when Harry and Draco were born, and it changed. Harry's parents joined the dark forces, and Draco's parents were killed by Voldemort. And Draco was sent away to live with his nice aunt, Andromeda. There he had a happy childhood and he has grown into a nice little wizard.

On the other hand, Harry, his parents James and Lily Potter were also killed during a battle against the Ministry of Magic. They left their only son Harry with Lily's sister, Pertunia. She's a muggle, but she knew what her sister did.

When it's time for the boys to go to school, their guardians sent them to the best and only magic school in England, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Hagrid was at Draco's house to pick him up, since Andromeda is busy.

"Hey there Draco!" Hagrid stepped into the house, even though the house is huge, it's still too small for him. "Hey Hagrid!" Draco went up to him and gave him a hand shake. "I believe you're doing well, Draco?" "Why yes! Aunt Andromeda and uncle Ted are really nice! And my cousin Nymphadora is really cool too!" Hagrid laughed. "Well it's nice that you're having fun. Oh! We better get going! You don't want to be late for the train!" The two of them left the Tonks' house and headed towards Kings Cross Station.

"Ya ready?" Hagrid pointed at a wall, Draco knows it's the platform 9 3/4. "Cool." They ran through the wall. The bright red Hogwarts Express is waiting for all the witches and wizards to board. There are a lot of people here, parents are saying goodbye to their kids, and the children are running on and off the train, hoping they didn't forget anything. Draco only had one trunk. Hagrid looked down at him. "You good on your own?" Draco nodded. "Good. I'll meet you there!" They waved and Hagrid walked towards the train conductor.

There, in the crowd, stood a young girl. Her curly brown hair is a little messy. She just stood there, looking a little confused. Draco spotted her, and he walked towards her.

"Hey there, are you looking for someone?" He asked the girl, she looked at him. Wow, she's pretty. She blushed a little. "Oh! Umm... not really..." Draco looked at her. "Nice to meet you, I'm Draco Malfoy." The girl stared at Draco. "Oh... I'm Hermione Granger." Now it's time for Draco to blush, just a little. "So... do you want to sit with me on the train?" "Sure." They walked onto the Hogwarts Express and found an empty compartment. "Have a seat, I'll put away the trunks." Draco took both their trunks. "Thank you..."

Draco returned with some snacks in his hands. "Would you like some?" He places the snacks on his seat. Hermione reaches for a pink lollipop. "Thank you, again." "No problem." They sat in silence for a few minutes. Draco broke the silence. "So... what's your family like?" Hermione looked at her lollipop. "My family... my parents are both muggles." Draco stops his hands and looks at her. "So you're a muggle born witch." "Yes." "That's interesting. Well, both my parents died in the hands of you-know-who." Hermione licks her lollipop. "You-know-who? I'm sorry, I don't know that." Draco bit his lips. "It's fine. When I'm powerful enough I am going to kill that monster myself!" A tear fell out his eyes. Hermione wiped it off. "You will, someday." They smiled at each other.

A boy walked past the compartment Draco and Hermione were in, he pulled open the doors. "Hey there, mudblood! Hahahaha!" He looked at Hermione, who was looking at her shoes with tearful eyes. Draco stood up. "Who are you?" He demanded, not wanting to see Hermione cry. The boy stared at him. "And hello to you too, Malfoy. I'm Harry Potter." Harry smirked. Draco is angry. "Don't you say that to her ever again!" Harry stepped back. "You're the same as me, Malfoy. Don't think you're much better." Harry Potter walked away. Draco shut the doors. Hermione is still sobbing.

"What did he mean by "you're the same"?" Hermione looked at Draco with her red eyes. Draco sat across from her. "He meant that we're both purebloods, and that's it. I don't have anything in common with that bully." This made Hermione feel much better. "You're a pureblood? But I thought..." Draco cuts her off. "Yes yes, people tend to think that us 'purebloods' believe that we're better than anybody else, but at least I don't." He looked at Hermione. "I'm raised by my Aunt and uncle, and my uncle Ted is a muggle-born wizard. I still like him, he's really nice." Hermione wiped her eyes. The train whistled. "We're here." "Let's go."

They walked out of the train and Draco saw Hagrid. "Hey Hagrid!" "Hey there Draco!"

Hagrid led the new students to the boats, then into the Hogwarts Castle. A tall witch in a green cloak is standing on the top of the stairs. "Good evening students, I am Professor McGonagall and I will be your guide tonight. Please follow me and we shall get all of you sorted into your houses." Hermione poked Draco, and she pointed at Harry Potter. They looked at each other and nodded.

The new students followed Professor McGonagall into the Great Hall. There are hundreds of witches and wizards looking at them as they walk in. Hermione feels a little nervous.

"Now, before you are sorted into your houses, let me remind you that there are 4 houses, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin." When she said Slytherin, Harry Potter and his fellow friends giggled. Draco doesn't like them at all. "When I call your name, you will come forward and sit on this stool when I place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." Professor McGonagall holds up a dirty old wizard hat, then she begins calling names. "Pansy Parkinson." A girl with black hair walked to the stool. The sorting hat wiggled a few times and shouted "Slytherin!". She grinned and walked to the Slytherin table. Professor McGonagall called again. "Harry Potter." The bully sat on the stool. "Hmm... it must be Slytherin!" Potter also walked to the Slytherin table, he sat down beside Pansy. Professor McGonagall looked at her list of names. "Hermione Granger." Hermione walked up. The sorting hat is on her head. "You are an interesting young witch, might as well be... Gryffindor!" She smiled in relief. "Draco Malfoy." Professor McGonagall called Draco, Hermione looked at him, a little scared because she wanted him to also be in her house. Draco sat on the stool. "A Malfoy eh? But you are a bit different. You are a lot like your mother than your father. A sense of kindness rather than strength. Would you like to be in the same house as your parents?" Draco nodded. "Very well then... Gryffindor!" Draco has a big smile on his face. He sat down beside Hermione, who was smiling at him.

"We're gonna be best friends." Draco said to Hermione, who blushed and looked at the cake in front of her.

The feast began. Everyone was happy and full.

And that night when they went back to the Gryffindor dorms, Draco and Hermione said good night to each other and smiled into their dreams.