5. Draco's Place

Hermione and her parents arrived at Draco's place just like they said. Draco came to the door and hugged Hermione. They gigged at each other. Mr. and Mrs. Granger greeted Draco's "parents" (more like guardians but Draco has a good relationship with both of them) Andromeda and Ted. They walked in. Andromeda and Ted really put in a lot of effort to decorate the house, because it simply looked amazing. 

Draco stood there beside the Christmas tree. "Hermione?" "Yes Draco?" "Let me show you around." "Of course." He took Hermione's hand and led her upstairs. "Here is my room." Draco opened the door for Hermione, she stepped in. It's a decent sized room with a simplistic style. A bed, a desk, a chair, a wardrobe, a dresser, and a stack of random things at the corner by the window. Hermione sat on his bed. "How has your day been?" She asked, attempting to start some sort of conversation without blushing. Draco was caught off guard. "Oh! Uh... I'm doing great! Um... How are you?" Hermione saw him blush, her reaction was the same. "I'm... really happy to be here right now..." Draco turned around and locked his room door. Hermione laughed, "Draco, I can read your mind right now." He bit his lip. "I could say the same to you, Hermione." He sat down beside her. 

Silence. It was quiet but comfortable. 

Just like that, they sat in silence for a moment. Draco leaned back to lay on his bed, Hermione followed. All they could hear in the room was the chattering noises from the adults from downstairs. Hermione closed her eyes. 

She heard some ruffling noises. She felt a pair of soft lips touching hers. It was Draco. It could've only been Draco. Her one and only. Hermione opened her eyes slowly, she saw Draco's blushing face and his nervous look. His hands were placed awkwardly on the soft sheets, and his body was stiff while hovering over her. Draco noticed Hermione's blinking eyes, and tried to pull away. But she stopped him. "Draco." Hermione stared right into his eyes. He blushed even harder. "That... um... that was my first kiss..." Draco's eyes widened, but he's not surprised. "Mine too." He's still hovering above her. "Well... I guess we're even." "Yeah... I... I guess so." He tried to sit up once again, this time Hermione didn't stop him, somehow he got a bit sad because of this. When he settled himself again, Hermione got up and cupped Draco's face. "I think it's only fair." She leaned in. Their second kiss, but this time they both knew what was happening. It was definitely better than the first one. 

Immature yet filled with affection. The two knew for a fact that the other treasured them as much as they treasure the other. 

Andromeda's voice broke the kiss. "Draco? Hermione? Dinner is ready!" After he heard this, Draco carefully placed Hermione's head on his fluffy pillow. "Shall we head downstairs, m'lady?" He held out a hand, Hermione took it. She giggled. "Of course." They walked down the staircase together. 

Dinner was a blast, so was the entire Christmas break. Everyone had big smiles on their faces. But these delightful times are not eternal. Draco and Hermione had to return back to school soon. The two students enjoyed themselves to the fullest during this break.