4. At The Great Lake

[Time jump to the last day before Christmas break]

It's the afternoon study hall time. Draco and Hermione were back in the Gryffindor tower. Draco was busy packing up his trunk even though there were still a few more days of classes left. Hermione was doing some "light reading" in the Gryffindor common room. Draco hurried down the stairs.

"Hermione?" He said, spotting her on a small sofa beside the fireplace. "Hermione." Draco walked over and sat down on the sofa beside her. "What do you want?" Hermione raised her head up from the huge book. "Oh. It's you." She smiled at Draco. "So what's up?" Draco moved his sofa closer to Hermione. "Umm... I'm just wondering if you might be interested to come over to our place and celebrate Christmas together, you know, more people means more fun!" He smiled at Hermione, a little worried that she might say no. Hermione thought for a second. "Alone?" Draco realized something. "Oh no no no, your family together." Hermione stopped, she turned her body towards Draco. "My WHOLE family? Draco you do realize everyone in my family except me are muggles, and you want to invite them to a wizard's house? That, I believe, is not very appropriate for a wizarding family." Draco sighed. "My uncle is a muggle too. And my cousin Nymphadora is a half-blood. In our family, this is definitely not considered inappropriate at all." Hermione thought for a moment. "I'll have to ask my MUGGLE parents if they would like to spend the holiday at a WIZARD'S house." She stretched the two words so much that made Draco giggle. "I personally would love to, but I can't go by myself." Draco nodded. "Ok, I'm going to the mail service at school right now." Hermione stood up. "Would you like to come as well?" She grabbed her cloak. Draco followed her.

On the way to the owlery the two students saw a very rare bird, a pure white snowy owl. "She's so beautiful." Hermione was amazed. But when they found out that the pretty snowy owl belongs to Potter, she felt really bad for the beautiful owl. They ran up the owlery staircase. "Watch where you're going!" Someone yelled. Hermione rolled her eyes, Potter. "Why do you always just happen to be in the exact same place as us!" Draco yelled back. He knew that yelling at a guy isn't something Hermione should do, so he did it, for both of them. Potter left them alone, and Hermione followed Draco to his owl. "Ok, can you bring this to Hermione's parents?" Draco patted his owl, the cute brown owl pecked his hand and nodded. "Off you go then." He took off.

"I think my parents will approve this." Hermione said. "I hope so too." Draco agreed.

They walked by the Great Lake. "Want to take a break?" Hermione nodded, so the two of them sat down by the Great Lake. There's some older students there too, doing...... well...... boyfriend-girlfriend things...... Draco and Hermione just sat there, it was a little awkward.

"What's your favorite food?" Asked Draco. Hermione turned towards him. "Well, I really like chocolate and strawberries. Or just anything sweet." She smiled. Draco nodded. "That's really like you..."

They walked back to the Gryffindor Tower. Inside the common room feels much better than outside. Draco sat down by the fire. Hermione went to grab her book, and then she sat down beside Draco. "Draco?" Hermione asked, Draco looked at her. "Why is Potter such a bully?" Hermione looked down at her book. Draco thought for a second, "Maybe he's just doing what his parents did, you know, his parents were death-eaters." They both nodded, then there was a moment of silence.

"Hmm..." Hermione murmured, Draco didn't realize that she fell asleep on his shoulder. He blushed really hard, but Hermione didn't see it. He carefully placed her head on his lap, and covered her with his cloak. Hermione snuggled in, and smiled. Draco's heart was racing so fast. At this point it's really obvious that he likes Hermione, it's just a matter of time before he tells her about it.

About half an hour later, Hermione rubbed her eyes. She looked up and saw Draco's handsome face staring down at her, she blushed, and Draco saw that. "Oh hey Hermione, I didn't realize you were awake... sorry." Draco helped her to sit up, both of them were blushing. "Oh by the way Hermione, has the owl come back yet?" Draco asked Hermione, she thought for a second. "Oh I don't know, I'll go up to my window and check right now." Hermione got off of Draco's lap and hurried up the stairs. The cute brown owl was waiting patiently at the window. "Oh I'm sorry for letting you wait for this long, here, have some crackers." The cute brown owl pecked Hermione's hand, she took the letter, then it flew off.

On the letter, it said: "Dear Hermione and Draco: Draco, thank you for the kind invitation, we would love to come over to your place for christmas, Hermione's aunt and uncle are out of the country during that time so we were planning on asking your family to come over! Draco would you mind telling Hermione your address and we'll definitely be there! Best wishes, Mr. and Mrs. Granger."

Hermione hurried down the stairs and she showed the letter to Draco. They both smiled. "Good to hear." Draco told Hermione the address of his house and then they just relaxed on the couch until the bell for dinner rang. And they headed over to dinner together.

Hermione sat down beside Draco, with a few other nice Gryffindors, and they were all talking about the new broomstick ---- Nimbus 2000. Draco laughed, "That looks really cool, don't you think so Hermione?" He turned to look at Hermione, who was trying to cut a piece of steak. "Here, I can help." Draco took Hermione's fork and knife and cut the steak for her, a few kids saw it and they were making fun of them. But they didn't care.

After dinner these two walked back to the Gryffindor Tower together, as usual. They walked into the common room, sat down and talked and laughed for a while, then they told each other "Good night" and both went to bed.

They both know that this Christmas holiday will be a blast, and maybe something surprising will happen, who knows.