41

Shivaay called sahil and asked about his parents. Sahil's father was a salesman who made soap and sold it door to door.

Sahil told him that Annika was adopted and how his bua used to say that Sahil's father brought her while coming back from work. Shivaay set out to find out about the orphanage. 

He found 2 orphanages on the route sahil's father used to take. The first one had shut down 5 years ago but luckily it was the second one that gave him some answers.

Annika and her little sister were dropped there by an industrialist Mr Bajaj and after some months, the little one was adopted by a family and taken to bareilly. Annika was adopted later by Sahil's father.

Shivaay knew Mr Bajaj, though they didn't do business together but they had met at some conferences and parties. He took an appointment with Mr Bajaj and left for his office.

Mr Bajaj told Shivaay that he had found the girls near a temple, they had nowhere to go and no family so he dropped them off at the orphanage. But that was all he knew.

S (in his mind): Poor Annika, she had such a terrible childhood, no wonder she never shared any stories. She has suffered more than anyone deserves. I can't change your past but I will make sure that you're always happy Annika and I will find your sister.

Shivaay asked his private investigator to find out about Annika's parents and the family who adopted her sister.

Here Shivaay was trying to let go of his obsession with NKK unaware of the storm that was about to hit their lives.

Meanwhile, Annika came back to Oberoi mansion and went to her room. She captured all the nooks and corners of the room in both her phone and her heart. She started packing some of her stuff to make it easier for the day of the divorce. She opened the cupboard and tears began to fall from her eyes as she saw his clothes. She packed all of her stuff except clothes and hid the suitcase. She packed a family picture of all the oberois, nicely dressed up

A (in her mind) : I love you with all my heart Shivaay, I hope you have a happy life and get the life partner you deserve.

Later that night, when Shivaay came home, as soon as he saw Annika in the room, he ran and hugged her. He wanted to soak all the pain she got in her childhood.

Annika was initially surprised by this sudden gesture but she soon reciprocated. This might be the last time she ever got to hold him in her arms. Their heartbeats in sync, they stood there in each other's embrace for a long time, until Annika finally broke the hug. Shivaay had a peaceful smile on his face.

A: Kya hua Shivaay, aise achanak se... sab theek hai na

{{ what is it shivaay, all of a sudden... is everything okay }}

S: sab theek hai Annika, tumne bahut din se aloo puri nahi khaya na? Chalo aaj dinner me vahi banate hai

{{ everything's okay Annika, you haven't eaten aloo puri in quite some time right? Come let's make it for dinner }}

They went to the kitchen where they were joined by OmRu and Gauri. While the brothers cooked and sang and danced, Annika was busy recording this happy moment. She bargained with her heart that these pictures and videos were sufficient for the rest of her life. Soon the brothers pulled both the women along and all of them sang and danced and cooked.

The next 2 days, Annika vigilantly and stealthily tried to capture as many moments as possible. Her gallery was full of pictures and videos of the family.