43

She was so lost that she didn't even realise when the car stopped in front of her house.

G: bhaujayi please hum vapis chalte hai na

{{ bhaujayi, please lets go back }}

A: Om, apni wife zara samjhao tum, khud roye jaa rahi hai muje bhi rulaygi

{{ Om, please put sense in your wife, she won't stop and now she's going to make me cry }}

She gave her a tight hug and consoled her

A: Om, Shivaay sabka dhyan rakhte hai par apna nahi, tum log please unka dhyan rakhna

{{ Om, Shivaay looks after everyone except himself, you guys please look after him }}

Om: aap chinta mat karo bhabhi, hum dhyan rakhenge. Aap please apna dhyan rakhna or bhale hi divorce ho gaya hai, Rudra or mai humesha aapke bhai rahenge okay, kabhi mat sochna humara rishta toot jayga

{{ don't worry bhabhi, we'll look after him. You please take care of yourself. Regardless of your divorce, Rudra and I will always be your brothers okay, never think that bond will break }}

They hugged and then Om took gauri home.

Annika entered her house and went inside her room. She could finally let all her emotions out now. Her dam broke and tears made their way out of her eyes. She was in so much pain that she sobbed uncontrollably. She laid down on her bed and stayed there, silently shedding tears, holding her body tightly lest it shatter like her heart. Hours passed, she stayed curled up on her bed in that position unaware of the passing time. Their memories filled up her mind.

Back at Oberoi mansion, Shivaay too was experiencing something he had never felt before. He locked himself in his room and sat. This was no longer his room, she might have left and taken all her stuff but he could see her everywhere in that room.

The dressing table where she sat every morning and fixed her hair. The couch where they would just sit and chat. Her empty cupboard. Their bed.

The worst part, he couldn't understand what this feeling was and why he was hurting.

This is what she wanted right? This is what he wanted all along, didn't he? He started the divorce procedure 6 months ago and she agreed with this decision. And today when they were asked would he have signed if she hadn't signed first? Why did it hurt when they agreed that this was for the best? Why did he feel like his chest was empty, like she took a part of him away with her? Why couldn't his brain control his heart today?

He understood anger, he had his way to let his anger out. But he didn't know how to deal with this awful feeling. The pain was crushing him and the confusion was killing him.

It was a dark day and a very long night for both of them. Pain, Heartbreak and a lot of tears.

The entire weekend passed and she didn't even realise. Finally Annika got up with a resolution. She had to go on living her life, without him, with just his memories, but she had to live for her brother.

She cleaned the entire house, set up her cupboard and went to work.

Shivaay still didn't know how to deal with that weird feeling. He decided to busy himself with work. He wouldn't have time to feel anything that way.

Anyone could tell that Annika wasn't her usual self today. Aditya asked her multiple times if she was okay, if she fought with Shivaay but she would change the topic of the conversation or start doing some work to avoid him.

In the evening, out of habit, Shivaay didn't realise he had reached her office. And just as he reached, she stepped outside.

It was a bittersweet moment for her. Seeing him her heart rejoiced for a moment before it broke again. They had no future together. She gathered all her strength and walked upto his car and sat inside.

Their eyes were screaming at each other, requesting each other to take away that pain. Annika couldn't take it anymore and looked away. Shivaay started driving.

They reached an intersection and Shivaay was about to take his usual turn but Annika stopped him

A: Shivaay, mera ghar is taraf hai

{{ Shivaay, my house is that way }}

S: oh yeah, right, tumhara ghar

{{ oh yeah, right, your house }}

For the first time in months, their destination was different. Their paths were literally different now.

They reached her house.

A: Shivaay, aap please muje pick karne mat aana, aapke liye inconvenient hoga. Humare raste vaise bhi alag hai

{{ Shivaay please don't come to pick me up, it'll be inconvenient for you. Our paths are different anyway }}

S: ha, humare raste alag hai. Goodnight Annika

{{ yeah, our paths are separate. Goodnight Annika }}

A: Goodnight Shivaay

As she entered her house, she curled up to hold her pieces together. Her throbbing heart was on the verge of complete destruction.

Shivaay drove absentmindedly. Thinking about the last words they just exchanged. They no longer had a reason to travel together.

Annika could not stand being here anymore. She was bound to meet him in this city and right now she wanted to be alone. She volunteered at her office to lead an event in delhi just to get away for a few days.

Hey guys, I hope you like this chapter.

Please vote and share your views in the comments.