Chapter 2

Students were sitting around the outdoor tables eating lunch. You were with your usual gang consisting of Sidney, Billy, Tatum and Stu.

Across the table was the fifth wheel, Randy. A tall and gangly kid with no Billy-like aspirations. He was a witty jokester elevating geek to coolness.

You were close with Randy. He worked in the Blockbuster store a few blocks down and you always went there to hire a movie. Your love of them made him instantly a big fan of you.

"Hunt?" Tatum questioned. "Why would they ask if you like to hunt?"

Stu pulled his shoulders up carelessly, blowing some random strands of hair out of his face. "I dunno. They just did."

"Because their bodies were gutted," Randy responded with a little overly excited smile, the given knowledge having your eyes interlock with the remainder of your food.

There went your appetite.

"They didn't ask me if I like to hunt," Sidney meddled in. You ran your tongue alongside the inside of your cheek thoughtfully. They didn't ask you that either.

Stu giggled audibly with a shit eating grin. "'Cause there's no way a girl could have killed 'em."

"That is so sexist. The killer could easily be female. Basic Instinct–"

"That was an ice pick," Randy pointed out cleverly. "Not exactly the same thing."

"Yeah," Stu mused, staring at Tatum. "Casey and Steve were totally hollowed out. Takes a man to do something like that!"

You glanced down at your almost untouched sandwich and uttered quietly, almost to yourself. "How do you... Gut someone?"

All eyes turned to you and a serious silence settled in.

"You take a knife and slit from the groin to the sternum," Stu answered giddily, sticking out his tongue in typical Stu fashion while making a painfully obvious motion with his hands that made your stomach fall straight to the floor.

You didn't really need that much insight.

The whole table rolled their eyes at him. "What? She asked– oof!" Tatum hit his side.

You barely noticed Billy had left his place at the table to sit down beside you, snaking his arm around your waist to pull you tightly to his side.

"It's called tact you fuckrag," Billy hissed, brushing your arm soothingly. He pulled something out of his jeans pocket and extended it to you. "Gum?"

You looked up at him from under your eyelashes, cocking your brow at the strange offer. "Sure."

You plucked a piece from the packet, unwrapping it and slipping it onto your tongue as you pulled it into your mouth. Practicing how big you could blow bubbles did seem to distract you enough to push the comment out of your mind for now.

Meanwhile Stu also stalked over and spun you around so that you were sitting with your back turned to the rest of the table, and crouched down in front of you.

His expression mirrored that of a small child pleading their parents for their favourite toy as he dipped the corner of his lips down. "I'm super sorry, (Y/N)! Can you forgive me?"

For some time, the both of you were stuck in a staring contest until Stu stuck his bottom lip out to make an overly dramatic pouting face at you and you couldn't help but cave in.

Satisfied, he grinned and stood back up to his height.

"Remember in Jaws when they caught the wrong shark at first and Richard Dreyfuss cut it open to look for bodyparts and all they found was a licencse plate and all this white milky goo?"

Scream 1 [✓] On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara