Chapter 17

Halloween was known as the one time of the year when people could dress up and become whatever they wished.

When you left for the party two days later, the sky was as dark as slate and the cold wind was blowing the rain straight into your face, adding to the creepy atmosphere of the holiday.

Thankfully, you only had to make it to Tatum's car that was waiting for you at the curb. She was dressed as Cruella De Vil and Sidney, who had chosen for a kind of zombie-ish look, was strapped in in the passenger seat.

It wasn't late yet, only 8:30 PM when she proceeded to drive into the direction of Stu's house.

You had to admit. If there was one thing Stu Macher was good at, it was throwing parties. They were always a bunch of drunk teens doing the most stupid things and it wouldn't be the same if the cops didn't show up at least twice.

Even as Tatum pulled up to the side of the street and you were still inside the car, you heard the party raging already. It was still pouring a bit when the three of you stepped out and approached the front of the house.

Every now and then you peeked around, glancing over the many different costumes. There were a lot of people still standing outside, you could only imagine how busy it was inside.

It seemed a lot of people opted for masks.

There was also a large collection of girls you were certain didn't even go to Woodsboro High who went for scantily clad outfits, which didn't even closely resemble anything Halloween related.

Their outfits leaned more to what people wore in those cheap porn movies.

Once you entered the house, you cringed at the volume of music that was turned up so high that it made the air vibrate.

Your eyes immediately zeroed in on the party's host who was standing with three other guys that were downing beer as if it were water.

Tatum looked at him and back at you and Sid. "I'm out. Come find me when you two wanna head home."

You wanted to wave at her but she was quickly swallowed by the ever growing sea of people.

Stu, ever the subtle guy, gradually sauntered over to where you and Sidney were standing. His eyes flashed deviously as he gave you an approving once-over that had you automatically tug down the hem of your white, glittering dress.

"Ladies," he greeted casually with a shit eating grin plastered on, wiping the beer foam from his upper lip with the back of his hand.

"Stuart," you and Sidney said simultaneously, deadpanning.

His eyes remained fixated on you. "Can we talk?"

You crossed your arms across your chest, still avoiding looking at him. "Sure. Let's have it."

Stu raised his eyebrow. "I meant in private."

"Why?" You asked. "We can talk here too. Got a problem with that?"

Sidney glanced back and forth between him and you apprehensively, obviously not understanding what the tension was about. She awkwardly cleared her throat. "I'll uh, go find the others."

You protested. "No, Sid..."

"See ya," Stu quickly interrupted, watching her retreating form wander off into the direction of the living room. Even though he masked it well, you still picked up on the distasteful tone in his voice.

Just now you took in his appearance.

Stu was wearing a bright red toga with a white shirt underneath that already had stains on it from who knew what. Along with that, he just wore a random pair of jeans and black shoes. His hair was slightly gelled at the sides.