Chapter 18

"Hey, Randy. Have you seen Sid and Tate? I can't find them anywhere."

The doorbell rang. It was late evening but the party so far was still going strong.

"Nope, haven't seen th.. Them," Randy hiccuped, beaming up at you. He was clearly drunk by now. For the past half an hour, you had been lounging in one of the fancy living rooms along with ten or so other people.

The TV was displaying one of those cliché horror movies. There was a wide assortiment of video tapes splattered across the table.

You wanted to stand up to head to the door but Stu stopped you, placing a quick peck on your cheek where you felt heat rise up. "I'll get it."

Randy looked appalled and as if he was going to vomit at any second when he saw it.

"How come Jamie Lee Curtis is in almost all of these? A random girl holding a bottle of vodka in her hand asked.

"She's the Scream Queen," Randy pointed out.

Out of your peripheral vision, you saw a flash of black and white pass by one of the doorframes. You thought nothing of it though, your mind telling you it was just another dressed up teen.

You turned your head back to the TV, seeing Randy wobbling in front of the TV stand with yet another beer in his hand.

"Look, here it comes... Splat!" One of the random drunk teenagers yelled excitedly.

Another butted in. "The blood's not the right colour. Why do they do that? It's too red."

"How can you watch this shit over and over?" One ditzy girl who was sitting on the lap of her boyfriend whined.

You groaned, deciding to get more Cola... Or whatever. You headed over to the enormous kitchen where you found a bowl filled with punch and empty cups beside it.

"Good enough," you uttered to yourself, getting some punch. But the moment you turned around to get back to the living room, you collided with someone.

"I'm sorry!" You apologized at once, guilt and embarrasment washing over your face as you looked up. You felt like you were going to drop dead when you saw who it was.

You squeaky with a sharp inhale. "This is awkward..."

By some miracle, the drink had only spilled onto the floor and not onnto Billy, save for a few tiny drops.

There was a flash of recognition flashing across his handsome features and the annoyed expression melted off his face. "This your new way of greeting me? Hey, babe."

You had to admit, the little devil horns perched on his head were both fitting and comical at the same time, considering you were the one with a halo on your own head.

Calming yourself down, you didn't know what else to say so you just tapped the now nearly empty cup of punch with your fingers.

"Want anything from downstairs? I think there's more in the garage."

A panicked look crossed his face. "No, nothing. Just... Stay outta the garage."

"Why?"

"Someone dropped glass there," Billy hummed, dismissing the subject quickly as he shoved his hands into his tight jeans.

He leaned forward to speak into your ear in a low whisper. "Don't you look lovely?"

Your breath hitched as he pulled away, your skin prickling at his words. Billy ran a hand through his locks, keeping that same smirk that could make your heart jump out of your chest.