Chapter Three.

I don't have a lot to say about this chapter.

Just that today is apparently a good day for a double update, and that writing this story is sending me into parts of myself I never even really thought about. I think I might be an emotional wreck by the end, but I definitely will have learned something, and I hope you all will be able to say the same. <3 

As always, please leave you comments and criticisms! I love to read them and I do my best to reply to every one! Thank you! <3 

Harry 

            “Give me a cappuccino, would you?” I give the barista a tired smile, and she nods.

            “Is that all for you today, sir?” She asks.

            I nod as she goes off to make my drink, leaving me standing alone at the counter. I glance back to see Marley sitting at one of the small tables by the window, not really moving or seeing to notice anything around her. 

            I’m curious as to what goes on in her head. What does she think about that makes her look so pensive, so concentrated on seemingly nothing at all? Maybe I can find out when I talk to her, figure out what goes on in that little world of hers. 

            Part of me also wonders if the barista recognizes me, not that it matters that much. She was friendly as most people are, but her eyes didn’t light up in excitement, nor droop in distaste. She appeared to be around the appropriate age for a fan, or at least to know of me, mid twenties. 

            It’s just like Miriam. I’m ninety-five percent sure that she’s known who I am from the minute I first walked in, but she’s never said anything about it. Though she’s an older woman, sixties maybe, she always gives me this knowing look, like she knows everything about me yet she barely speaks about it. 

           But that’s another perk of Leatherbound I suppose, people don’t often know you for fame or fortune, and if they do, they don’t really care. They’ll treat you all the same, no matter who you are, no matter how big of a fan they may be. They know better, they know how to make you feel like any ordinary person, which is a nice change for once. 

            This place is like some sort of fairytale land almost. Everyone is in this happy world, and everyone is treated equally and humanely. Sometimes I think it’s too good to be true; that there’s no way there can actually be a place like this in existence. But every time I come back, it’s still here. 

            “Thank love,” I murmur as the barista reappears, digging money out of my pocket and passing it to her as she does the same with my drink.

            “No problem,” she chirps happily, putting the money in the register and giving me a bright smile. “Have a nice day now.” 

            Trying to return the smile, but finding the lack of sleep hitting me, I only lift the corners of my mouth slightly and take my drink, making my way over to sit across from Marley. 

            Her eyes don’t even flicker up at me when I sit down, and that just adds to the curious things I find about her. She’s not being rude, I can tell that much, but she’s stuck in that land of thought once again.

            The girl across from me scratches her nails against the surface of the cup in her hands, seeming almost scared to say anything. She’s staring into the little cup of coffee as if it has all of life’s answers in it, and I find as I watch her face, that there’s something very fractured about her, maybe even broken.