Chapter Seven.

Look at me go, updating a day early! Heck yeah, I hope you're all as proud of me as I am of myself. x) 

Alright, not much to say really. This chapter is probably a bit short compared to ones in the past but, what can I say? It just turned out like that, meh. Well, as always I love to see your opinions on what's going on, so please let me know what you think in the comments! 

Thanks for all being amazing readers! <3

Harry

            Self-esteem.

            It’s one of those things that will either make us or break us. If we have faith in ourselves, are able to see the things that are good about us and still recognize the bad, then self-esteem is good, on a perfect level. If we let our confidence rise too high or fall too low, it’s likely to break you, destroy you a little bit at a time. 

            Admittedly, my self-esteem has had a bumpy path, especially since joining One Direction. 

            On one hand, you have all the fans screaming that they love you, that you’re attractive and amazing and fun. Then on the other hand, you have those that viciously put you down, saying you’re ugly, stupid, and shallow. 

            Even though the positive greatly outweighs the negative, somehow, the latter is able to really crawl under your skin and burrow deep.

            Why is that?

            As I drive back to our flat complex, I think about Marley, and her own self-esteem.

            Because of it, she’s broken into these tiny, barely even macroscopic, pieces. People have been telling her all this time that she’s a coward, a murderer, and many other unmentionable names. 

            And she’s begun to believe it.

            It’s been circling around in her head for so long now that she’s just begun to accept it, to believe in it. It’s not true, I know it, there has to be others who do too… she just doesn’t. And in the end, that’s where it really matters most.

            I still have that little part of me that knows it’s not all true. I’ve got that part of me that convinces me that these really are all lies, that I am worth something, that I shouldn’t even try dragging a blade across my wrist again. 

            Marley doesn’t have that, not anymore. 

            And I’m going to get it back for her. 

            I pull into the complex and park by my own flat, getting out and swinging my keys around my finger. 

            I know it’s probably not good to think about this so much, to fixate myself on her, but she needs someone. With so much of the world against her, including herself, she needs to know at least one person still believes in her. 

            “I don’t know, do you think we should really butt in like this?”

            “He’s obviously hiding something, and you saw him in the interview a couple days ago! I’m worried about him.” 

            “We all are mate, I know.” 

            I frown when I reach my front door, keys outstretched, listening to voices coming from inside. They sound like the boys, like they’re all just sitting in my flat… talking about me.