Chapter Four.

I am alive guys, and I come bearing an update! :D Alright, seriously, I'm sorry that I have had writing blocks after taking such a long break... But, I'm back now and I'm finally updating Human again! :D 

So... admittedly, I don't find this to be one of my best chapters- a bit of a filler really- but it is important nevertheless, the meaning moreso than anything. 

It seems like it's been so long since I've done a proper author's note so... I'm kind of failing at it now, sorry. I'm just inadaquate today.

Ps, my vision of Travis is on the right! ---> 

Haha, as always! Please vote and leave comments, I love to know what you guys think! :) <3

Marley 

            Amazingly, when I walk away from Harry, I feel… better. 

            In these past few weeks since the incident, I’ve been feeling anything but good, anything but happy. I’ve felt crushed, beaten down, and I’ve been so conflicted lately I don’t even know how I should feel about it.

             Harry isn’t at all the way I thought someone famous would be like. He seems to… understand. He seems to be able to look past the surface and really dig deeper, to understand life from a different perspective. 

            When I get out to the parking lot again, I consider the prospect of just going back to work again. Checking my watch, I realize that I’ve far overstepped my break, but something tells me that Ben and Clarissa will understand if I call them later. 

            I steer away from my car, deciding to take a walk in the park a couple blocks over from Leatherbound. Somehow, I’m in a genuinely good mood, one that I don’t think any amount of glares can spoil. 

            When I reach the park, I tug my coat closer to my body and adjust my scarf. The sky is still grey and cloudy, but for me, it’s overcast in a wonderful sort of way. The smell of rain is fresh and calming, causing me to inhale deeply as I walk. 

            I suppose that I’ve always known I can’t hide inside forever, only coming out to work, yet still avoiding the customers. It’s just been easier to conceal myself from the world, praying that everything will blow over soon enough, grieving for the loss of a friend, and suffering through the guilt. 

            No, I guess I’ve just never had the courage. But now that Harry’s come along, someone who sees me as something besides a selfish killer, I’ve gotten the confidence to just get up and go. 

            “And that’s exactly what they told me,” a deep voice with a thick London accent says, followed by a high-pitched giggle. “Funny story, eh?”

            I look up to see a group of about five people of mixed gender, walking in my direction. They appear to be a bit younger than myself, seventeen or eighteen. The three males of the group have dark sweatshirts on with the hoods up, the girls dressed in tight jeans and cute little jackets that don’t really suit the weather.

            I wouldn’t pay them any more mind, if it isn’t for the fact that they stop walking right in front of me, all staring with mixed emotions on their faces. 

            “Isn’t that the girl from the papers?” Another one of the males question in a low voice. “The one who killed her friend or something?”