Chapter Six.

Not a lot to say really... But I sincerely hope that you all enjoy this chapter! What do you think about Marley and Harry?

Do you see a romance or a frienship or even both? Do you think they're going to be able to last in any type of relationship at all? How do you think they view themselves and each other? Do you think this story is going to have a happy ending or a sad one? (For all these questions I know and am firm on the answers, but I want to know what you guys think!)

Let me know in the comments! :) Thank you all so much! <3 

Marley

            “Did you find everything alright?” 

            “Er, yes,” I say hesitantly, shifting nervously from foot to foot. “Just fine, thanks.” 

            The lady at the checkout counter only nods as she rings up my groceries, barely even taking the time to properly look up at me. The question that would usually appear as being thoughtful seems more automatic than anything, but it’s probably better than her recognizing me. 

            Ever since the incident with those teenagers in the park… I just feel more hesitant about going out in public. Before, I always went out because I figured, what the hell? All they can do is stare and whisper, nothing else.

            But now they can. They almost did. 

            The little threat of an angry teenage boy is enough to make me hide out in my flat for the rest of the day. Just imagine grown adults. 

            “Paper or plastic?” The man at the end of the conveyor belt asks then, the question seeming just as automatic as the other. 

            “Plastic, please,” I say in response, my mind wandering elsewhere, to Harry more in specific.

            When we texted some more yesterday, we decided on having dinner at my flat, my specialty. He told me that he didn’t have a concert, interview, or anything else to do, one of his rare evenings off.

            And I did mean it when I said I thought Harry was beyond ordinary. He seems to be able to understand, to relate, and to look at people without judgment at least me. And that’s something that’s hard to find ever since the incident. 

            So this is one of my ways of attempting to repay him for that. Give him a purely home cooked meal; just be there for him like he seems to insist on being there for me. 

            Speaking of that, I remember that I still haven’t texted Harry my address, and he is supposed to come around in a little over an hour or so. 

            “Thank you, have a nice day,” the cashier says in a bored fashion, and with a start, I realize that they’ve finished checking me out and my bags of groceries are waiting at the end.

            Walking out to my waiting car in the parking lot, I still can’t help but keep my head down, pulling the hood of my jacket up over my head. 

            If I want to survive having Harry over without breaking down or wallowing in self-pity, I need to keep myself unseen.

~

            “Travis, hush boy! Travis! Travis, please!”